Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6s Wifi Calling

GillyJay
4: Newbie

I've shifted from SureSignal to WiFi call by upgrading my phone to iphone6s however there are still occasions when people can't hear me very well. Any suggestions please? Is there a setting on the phone that I should change?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

It could be to do with the strength of signal or WiFi connection. 

When not on calling over WiFi and on good network signal is the clarity of call ok then ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, it's fine other than via WiFiCall. At best, without wifi I can only get 2 bars at home and that's upstairs in the house and only at the front, where my office is, but the minute I touch the phone the signal disappears. 

BandOfBrothers

What's your wifi like at home ?

Try changing wireless channel and or split the frequencies in your router to 2.4 ghz and 5ghz. 

Whats your internet speeds like using Ookla. 

Are you able to connect to wifi somewhere else and see if it's different. 

Current Phone  >

I live in a rural area with a poor mobile signal. I purchased a SureSignal which was ok for while but I had to keep changing my mobile phone (iphone - a company supplied one). Eventually they got me an iphone 6s which works with WiFi Call. For the mostpart it is better than the SureSignal which didn't really work on days with bad weather. However on some outgoing and incoming calls, people tell me they can't quite hear me - not as bad as with SureSignal where I sounded like I was in a tin! Does anyone know if there's some setting I need to change on the phone to improve this? ie Bluetooth - on or off or doesn't it make a difference? We've just upgraded our BT Hub/modem which was supposed to improve the wifi signal which in turn should have improved my WiFi call? Any suggestions please? I've tried 191 but they didn't give me any solutions that worked.

BandOfBrothers

Please see my reply in your other thread. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/iPhone-6s-Wifi-Calling/m-p/2555501

Current Phone  >