Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Quantities: The Reality

shane12345
11: Established
11: Established

If anyone else has been following the preorder debacle on the web, you will have seen that preorders have massively out-stripped supply.  So much so that Apple, for the first time, have been quite candid about the low stocks.  Apple's latest update was:

"We couldn't be happier with the initial response to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and we are looking forward to beginning sales through our retail stores and partners around the world.

Beginning Friday, limited quantities of iPhone 7 in silver, gold, rose gold, and black will be available for walk-in customers at Apple retail stores. During the online pre-order period, initial quantities of iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them.
Customers can continue to order all models in all colors on apple.com. We sincerely appreciate our customers' patience as we work hard to get the new iPhone into the hands of everyone who wants one as quickly as possible."

This seems to mainly effect stocks available to stores, for those who want to walk-in and buy.  However, there are other forums etc where people are reporting their shipping updates.  Most report that there is a delay of at least two weeks (and up to 6 weeks) on ALL MODELS.

I think the most frustrating thing for Vodafone customers is that all of us have been assured that we will receive a phone on launch day- we just have to wait and have faith, as there are no updates being given on any system of tracker.

As of yesterday evening (Weds) I have again been assured that my phone will arrive tomorrow (Fri).  Iphone 7 Jet Black 128GB

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @shane12345

I understand your frustration at this.

Please see this announcement page for the latest updates - iPhone pre-order stock

Louise

. @Louise_E

I've registered on this eForum [after browsing for the past few days - I'm an illusive iPhone 7+ 32GB Matte Black order-er] just to say this - STOP REFERRING PEOPLE TO THE ORDER TRACKER. It doesn't work!

It's been stuck on phase 2 since pre-ordering last Friday and hasn't moved. I saw an example of somebody who had an order from February, yes February, this year [received in March] whose tracker was still on phase 2. 

Your continuous messages to check the tracker or the useless 'iPhone pre-order stock' page show off the disgraceful customer service you offer at Vodafone. 

Cheers.

. @Louise_E

I've registered on this eForum [after browsing for the past few days - I'm an illusive iPhone 7+ 32GB Matte Black order-er] just to say this - STOP REFERRING PEOPLE TO THE ORDER TRACKER. It doesn't work!

It's been stuck on phase 2 since pre-ordering last Friday and hasn't moved. I saw an example of somebody who had an order from February, yes February, this year [received in March] whose tracker was still on phase 2. 

Your continuous messages to check the tracker or the useless 'iPhone pre-order stock' page show off the disgraceful customer service you offer at Vodafone. 

Cheers.

@Louise_E

My situation:

Friday 9th
iPhone 7 128gb Jet Black 9am
Receive confirmation emails and texts same day- all showing an out of date address
Speak to CS who tell me they have sorted out a redirection to correct address on my account

Sat 10th
Speak to CS who say no redirect has been made but guarantee delivery for Friday 16th

Sun 11th
Speak to CS who say no redirect can be made until phone has shipped but guarantee delivery for Friday 16th

Mon 12th
Check with CS and given a promise that iphone will definately be delivered on Friday 16th

Tues 13th
Check again. Told that phone is definately coming on 16th "100%"

Weds 14th
Speak to CS and they confirm again delivery date is "guaranteed" for the 16th

Thurs 15th
Speak to CS and again attempt to change the address (their error). Given an "absolute guarantee" that phone will be delivered on 16th. Told that I have to ring in at 8am on 16th to arrange for phone to be sent to correct address.
Contact work and take Friday off.

Friday 16th
Ring CS at 8am and woman says "yes, i have now changed address and you WILL receive phone today". I ask for consignment number, she puts me on hold and then drops the call.

Ring back and am now told no phone is coming. Could be between 2 and 8 weeks, unable to give any more specific information.

Robbiedavo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Am sorry It's a waste checking online customers are even more frustrated when you give details in and all it shows is stage 2 no answers ??? The big problem is it looks as if online orders have not be processed fast enough and stock going to telephone orders first and this is totally out of order when we are being told to apply online

dickosahon
2: Seeker
Made telephone upgrade pre-order for the iPhone 7 plus jet black on the morning (9am) of 9th and since I have not received it, tracked it and it's telling me estimated delivery is btw 12th October-26th october, this is total ##~## I'm really disappointed by Vodafone and their CS is the worst, I have been promised a manager call back on 2 occasions and never got it, the managers are running from dealing with the issues all I get is just the same text msg, I have 3 pay monthly contract with Vodafone this is going to be the last, I regret ever being with Vodafone since 2007.

Made telephone upgrade pre-order for the iPhone 7 plus jet black on the morning (9am) of 9th and since I have not received it, tracked it and it's telling me estimated delivery is btw 12th October-26th october, this is total ##~## I'm really disappointed by Vodafone and their CS is the worst, I have been promised a manager call back on 2 occasions and never got it, the managers are running from dealing with the issues all I get is just the same text msg, I have 3 pay monthly contract with Vodafone this is going to be the last, I regret ever being with Vodafone since 2007.

DimiK
I pre-ordered iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Jet Black on 9th Sept at 8:05am, I was one of the first people to pre-order in the UK. Guaranteed delivery for 16th Sept. That didnt happen. Most times I speak to CS, VF promise it will arrive in 2-3 days time, some advisors have said completely out of stock, some blame dpd, all lies. Poor communication! If I was told there was an issue with this specific colour, I would have gladly chosen another colour if I had been offered, but instead i have to wait 4-6 weeks... Awesome, 15 years loyalty to VF feels like "banter" the way I have been treated.

Estimated: 12 October - 26 October

What a joke. I feel betrayed.