Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 7 can't be unlocked...

koldwolf
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So about 9 working days ago I submitted a request form, today I've received an email saying

"We are unable to provide an unlocking code as IMEI not found in the account."

the thing is they provided the imei and my "phone number" in the email, but the email phone number was wrong...  And I thought there are no unlocking codes with iPhones?

So I made another form since it could be just human error, and I get an email saying my phone is already unlocked. I call up explaining this problem and they tell me It's unlocked and I just need to restore my phone.

I've restored my phone and it's still not unlocked.  I proceeded to call up Vodafone and they tell me to contact the sim card manufacturer (vodafone?) or apple. They also told me to email the NUCresolution email which only gives automated responses.

Can I have some assisantce with this please? It's frustrating to say the least. 

6 REPLIES 6

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

There isn't an unlocking code with a iPhone.

Vodafone doesn't unlock the phone - Apple does and you don't need to restore it.

All you need to do is put a new non-Vodafone sim in the phone.

However, Apple can take a long time to process the unlock once they receive the request from Vodafone. You just have to keep trying it until it works.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

It doesn't have to be new right? New in the sense of a non-vodafone sim in  the phone, right? I'm worried it vodafone hasn't truly sent the request to apple. Because of that email I received. 

Will I receive an email from vodafone when the process has completed?

BandOfBrothers

Vodafone typically send the person an email to confirm they have acted upon their unlocking online request. 

Apple then start the process to use their own data base to release the lock on the iPhone. This can sometimes take 20-30 days. Periodically inserting an active non Vodafone SIM card in the iPhone will then unlock it. From the iPhone 5 onwards it's not necessary to also hook up to iTunes. 

It's advised not to fill out too many Vodafone unlocking request forms as this can then activate a fraud warning message. 

The message you received about 'unlocking code' maybe because a generic template type response is used to reply. 

Apple wouldn't engage with you over a network locked iPhone. 

If Vodafone are saying it's unlocked but definitely isn't then it would be the Avenue to contact the Nuc Department. 

Another avenue to consider could be to pick up a Vodafone U.K. Payg SIM card and use it in the iPhone to make calls, send texts etc and after 30 days try again using those Payg details. This obviously would cost a top up and the 30 days timeframe.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The NUC department never reply back to me, they just send me the same automated response over and over. Vodafone hasn't sent me an email saying it's unlocked but when i fill the form again it says it already has been unlocked. 

"Another avenue to consider could be to pick up a Vodafone U.K. Payg SIM card and use it in the iPhone to make calls, send texts etc and after 30 days try again using those Payg details. This obviously would cost a top up and the 30 days timeframe."

This is the avenue I have already gone through, messaged the online support team and they said its okay for unlocking.

Is there a way to know if vodafone have actually sent a request to apple?

Hi, I received an email from vodafone but it still doesn't work. I've swtiched sims but it wont let me restore when I do. Please tell me what's happened. 

BandOfBrothers

@koldwolf wrote:

Hi, I received an email from vodafone but it still doesn't work. I've swtiched sims but it wont let me restore when I do. Please tell me what's happened. 

The email is the beginning of the unlocking process. 

Apple will now be arranging for the actual unlock via their database. 

It can sometimes take approximately a few days to 20'ish days for this to complete 

Periodically insert the active alternative SIM card to complete the unlock and or hook up to iTunes too. You should at some point see a congratulations you've unlocked the iPhone in iTunes or something similar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.