Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 7 plus order more information?

markhewitt1978
6: Helper

WEB-0000000215726190

I ordered my upgrade to the iPhone 7 plus on Friday evening (9th Sep). Straight away I got a "Your upgrade request" and "Your SIM swap" emails but nothing else. 

Order tracker says "

Confirmation
Your order has been accepted.We've placed your order."

But there's no more information than that. I'd just like to know when I'm likely to recieve it? Obviously it would be nice if it's Friday but if it's going to be a longer wait, that's fine but I'd like to know that it's going to be longer and roughly how long? 

In the past I've usually ordered direct from Apple so I'm not used to this "order goes into black hole" approach
35 REPLIES 35

emzidan
4: Newbie

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Vodafone land where, every two years we wait in anticipation of our new handset.

It's a bit like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, no information ever goes in and none ever comes out!

I too have upgraded on Friday, got my confirmation but was advised by a member of the store ''it's a bit of a finger in the air job with regards getting a date for delivery'' Great! They couldnt even give me an order number at that point as they were using a contigency system guided by pieces of A4 paper as they had never used that system before. The confirmation email, when it came through even listed my handset as 'Iphone 64gb gold' which is my last order- reasssuring!!

My last phone, the 6plus was ordered at 11am on pre-order day and I received it on the Monday after release which at the time I was a bit annoyed about  but I guess isnt too bad.  

So I'm hoping for Friday but in relaity you will probably only know Weds/ Thurs if it's going to be Friday.. keep checking the tracking!

shane12345
11: Established
11: Established
Yes welcome to the misery that is the Vodafone PreOrder. It's a bit like putting some monkeys in a room with the computers that control all the subway trains in London- except the computers are out-of-date. And the monkeys are all on acid.

When will my train arrive?
We have no idea!
Where is my train now?
It would be impossible to say!
Is my train definately coming?
What is a 'train'?

Then commence poo flinging and loud screeching.

And it gets a little bit worse every single year. 🙃

haha, reassuring thanks!

Oh well I guess I'm waiting? I wouldn't mind so much but when I was placing the order it did specifically say delivery on Friday, now that the order is placed all mention of that is gone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shane12345 wrote:
Yes welcome to the misery that is the Vodafone PreOrder. It's a bit like putting some monkeys in a room with the computers that control all the subway trains in London- except the computers are out-of-date. And the monkeys are all on acid.

When will my train arrive?
We have no idea!
Where is my train now?
It would be impossible to say!
Is my train definately coming?
What is a 'train'?

Then commence poo flinging and loud screeching.

And it gets a little bit worse every single year. 🙃

That sums it up far better than I ever could. Vodafone iPhone launches are a yearly disaster, however Apple are just as culpable as Vodafone in this since they inevitably ship less phones than Vodafone have orders for. Same applies to other networks too, not just Vodafone.  Vodafone's special talent is to overlay this with their own brand of Customer (don't) Care, thus adding to the chaos.

Despite this, the same shedloads of customers seem to return for this ritual year after year - go figure.   Oh, and it's the lucky punters who do the poo flinging and screeching, not Vodafone. :smileyhappy:

ap123ap

The email I had that holds the WEB number shows that I can collect my phone from the store that I selected on Friday. Is your email not the same?

No mine doesn't say that because I elected to have it delivered. I wouldn't care but I could have picked it up from my local store but I figured they'd have more chance of getting it wrong!

And today it still says "We've placed your order" nothing more. Seriously vodafone, this is the first time I've bought from you directly and quite frankly  - so far, you suck.

Mark14
I ordered via phone at 0830 on Friday, still no confirmation email!
I even asked the lady on the phone has this definitely been ordered as my Vodafone lost my pre order for the iPhone 5 and 6! She assured me it had gone through but I have my doubts!

earoles55
My experience is...

I've upgraded my iPhone every year with Vodafone since the 4s. There's always been a lack of information about delivery dates and times. BUT I've always had the right handset delivered on launch day by DPD. The order tracker/status won't change until the night before.

Hope that helps a bit.