Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone Visual Voicemail / Voicemail Transcription iOS10

adamfdoherty
3: Seeker
Hello I know that visual voicemail is not currently offered by Vodafone, however I was wondering if there are plans to introduce this now that Voicemail Transcription is a new feature of iOS10 and requires visual voicemail for this to work? Thank you in advance Smiley Happy
6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @adamfdoherty

An interesting question. 

Vodafone wouldn't typically give information out on any upcoming feature until ready for launch and if it's going to be launched at all. 

Plus with iOS 10 being in Beta Stage and unfinished I wouldn't think their would be much for them to comment on at the moment. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

adamfdoherty
Hello I know that visual voicemail is not currently offered by Vodafone, however I was wondering if there are plans to introduce this now that Voicemail Transcription is a new feature of iOS10 and requires visual voicemail for this to work? Thank you in advance :Smiling:

Nabs

Hi @adamfdoherty

The question has been asked before and the answer has always been that Vodafone don't offer it and have no plans to offer it. I believe the cost of implmenting the infratructure far outweighs any benefits the service would bring, especially as people are generally moving away from phone calls toward data driven forms of communication anyway.

I've seen a lot of people recommending Hullomail as an alternative, never used it personally but I know of people who do.

N

Danzal
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
That would be Vodafones answer 'cost outweighs the benefits', personally find that a joke. Plenty of other providers run it, and as you pointed out, apps like HulloMail can basically do it for......free.
I still have many customers who from land lines or mobiles that do not run apps.
I think we are still a way off from becoming fully data driven in terms of telephone calls.

DSH1234

I was very shocked and disappointed to find that Visual Voicemail isn't available on Vodafone - I've been using it on O2 for years.  I thought all good providers did it.  As soon as O2 can match Vodafone's EU deals, I'll be changing back, unless Vodafone have introduced it by then..!  I am also shocked how long these requests for VV have been going on.

jeffkinn

As has been said many times, O2 implemented VV as part of the exclusive deal they did with Apple when the iPhone was first launched 10 years ago.

Vodafone has never followed suit and probably never will and with excellent 3rd party apps that do the same thing I personally would rather they spent their money on far more important issues like upgrading the network.

Hullomail is the one to use.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png