Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone will NOT connect to internet unless on wifi

shantelle90
8: Helper

I am on PayG and have vodafone freebie (which includes internet usage) and I have also been given 30 days free internet by Vodafone. My iPhone does not and has never been able to connect to the internet or apps which need to use the internet unless connected to wifi.

The following message comes up;

'Could not activate mobile data network - You are not subscribed to a mobile data service'.

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Thank you

If my post has helped you, please click on the thumbs up button
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi shantell90,

It sounds like the internet settings (APN settings) are correct.

To get this sorted you just need to connect your phone to iTunes to install the correct carrier settings.

James

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi shantell90,

It sounds like the internet settings (APN settings) are correct.

To get this sorted you just need to connect your phone to iTunes to install the correct carrier settings.

James

shantelle90

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply.

How do I install the correct carrier settings via iTunes to enable my iPhone to access the internet without a wifi connection?

Thank you in advance,

Shantelle

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Just connect and sync the phone. iTunes should do the rest automatically.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

shantelle90

Thank you for your help Jeffkinn.

I did try that but unfortunately it did not work. I had to text WEB to 40127 and Vodafone texted me settings to download. It does now however go on to the internet without a wifi connection but is extremely slow!

Thank you again :Smiling:

jeffkinn

Obviously not connecting and a slow connection are different things. On the phone are you seeing 3G or E or o?

Have you had Vodafone phones before that had a good connection? can you compare your phone's speed of data connection to anyone else on Vodafone?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Stephlou
2: Seeker
Vodafone are 100% awful. I've had no data connection for 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Stephlou

Welcome to the eForum.

So we can collect some details, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Cheers,
Ben

Stephlou
I confirm I have tried all the steps. Network settings reset, phone reset, new iPhone 6 new sim. I've rang Vodafone every day for the past 3 weeks and I still have no internet yet the direct debit still leaves my account. I have no good words for Vodafone whatsoever! Any suggestions would be grateful.

Agree vodafone totally suck. Wayne i itially replied to mt thread and fidnt bother replying to me again...