Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone woes

R_Syme
2: Seeker
My iPhone 5s recently stopped responding to any touch. Helpful service in store but I couldn't get a solution and ended up paying for a new phone as life impossible without it, and the store had no courtesy phones.
I couldn't return phone through store because findmyiphone was turned on, I can't connect the phone to turn it off, and my local approved stormfront won't touch the phone without proof of purchase.
After twice emailing a request form into Vodafone and hearing nothing I tried live help, I've now been told twice by Vodafone staff that they will email this within two hours, both times no emails have arrived. iPhone under warranty until January but I'm not confident at this rate. Seriously questioning my 15 years loyalty.
9 REPLIES 9

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@R_Syme Although the phone is not responding to touch it is still possible to disable Find my Phone by going into your iCloud account and using the Find my phone option you can both erase the phone and delete if from your account.

This will in effect do the same as if you had used erase all contents and settings. So you will be left with a phone no longer associated with any account and this should enable the phone to be repaired,

kids

@R_Syme Just to clarify, are you sure that the phone is still under warranty?

The warranty on iPhones is only 12 months and not 24 months as with other phones.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @R_Syme

Have you perhaps tried the following tips. 

Hold the power button and home button until the Apple logo appears and then let go of both buttons. Your iPhone will reset. 

If no help try hooking upto itunes and restore. 

If you have a local Apple Store pop in and the geniusbar person would help if under the 12 months warranty. 

They would try their own tricks even if it's out of warranty. 

If no joy they possibly would offer an out of warranty replacement at a cost. 

Apple iPhone Repair.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

R_Syme
Yes I'm sure it is, thanks though.

R_Syme
Yes I've tried those methods. No apple store locally, but I've been to another (apple authorised) store who want proof of purchase, which Vodafone reps keep telling me they will send and then don't deliver.

BandOfBrothers

This may help you. 

How-do-I-get-a-proof-of-purchase-usage-or-barring.

Current Phone  >

Hi @MasterBandOfBrothers, I've been there and filled out the form, resent and sent reminders. I've also completed web chats with support and been told I would receive the information by email, either in 2 hours or in between 2 and 24 hours time, but I haven't received anything. It's just a bit frustrating! 

BandOfBrothers

Hello @R_Syme

I can well imagine.  :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @R_Syme

I completely understand your frustration and distress at this. 

I am going to Private Message you with further help. 

Louise