2: Seeker
2: Seeker

got my iphone 6 e

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If it was a replacement through a third party, such as an insurance claim, you will need to provide details of the exchanged IMEI numbers.  Once Vodafone have the updated IMEI numbers, you will then be able to get the phone unlocked.

You will have to contact customer services to get this resolved as the eForum doesn't deal with account specific queries. You can use LiveChat or call 191 from your Vodafone handset.

PWIAC

it was purchase through

drey_p

Who replaced it?  Vodafone? 

If it was Vodafone, they should be able to see the details of the exchange and update the IMEI for you.

I am not sure why it is taking so long to do. 

Please be aware that once it is updated, it takes about 7 - 10 days for an iPhone to be unlocked.  You won't get a physical code, instead iPhone's are unlocked through iTunes.  Just connect your handset to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it and a message will pop up telling you that the handset is unlocked. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

Welcome to the eForum.

Fully appreciate your frustration with this especially if Vodafone are saying they have updated your phones details.

Using the iPhone on the Network should really help to update the IMEI details on their systems oo.

If you've been using Live Chat to communicate I would suggest you use their Customer Services on 191 to escalate this.

Vodafone will not be able to answer Account Specific questions here on the forum.They have direct Customer Contact Telephone Lines via http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/index.htm

When you receive the email confirming the unlock has happened all you will need to do is insert a non Vodafone Sim Card in it. From the iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 Plus do not need to be hooked up to iTunes to complete the process.

I wish you all the best with this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.