Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 4 simlocked

yasin_karasu
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

mygirlfriend gave me a iphone 4 as a gift. but it is vodafone uk locked. i live in turkey. how can use iphone with other sim cards ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Vodafone offer unlock codes although the device would need to be listed against a UK mobile or account number to apply for one (FAQs here)

If you're out in Turkey and don't have a UK number then the best bet might be to look at third party unlocking - most phone shops tend to offer this service for a small fee.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

redpages

Vodafone offer unlock codes although the device would need to be listed against a UK mobile or account number to apply for one (FAQs here)

If you're out in Turkey and don't have a UK number then the best bet might be to look at third party unlocking - most phone shops tend to offer this service for a small fee.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

iphone 4 simlock heep me I do not know English sorry I know turkish

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there - if your iPhone is locked to Vodafone UK - the information provided by Redpages in the post above yours is applicable.  The phone can only be unlocked by Vodafone if it is active on the Vodafone network. 

PWIAC

I'm sorry to unlock iphone 4 turkey costs € 140, so I wrote here :Smiling:

jeffkinn

karatayyy

Vodafone in the UK will not be able to help you unlock your phone unless it is in this country. Is there anyone here you can post the phone to so that it can be in this country and unlocked?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

If you do not solve the problem I wonder if I know there is a need to line their own

Hi karatayyy, 

Thanks for your post regarding the unlocking of your iPhone 4.

The information provided by drey_p and jeffkinn is correct, before we can unlock a phone, it must show as having been used on our network. If your phone is from a retailer in Turkey then you'd need to contact your local network and ask them to arrange an unlock for you.

If there's anything else we can assist with, please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi, my brother gave me iphone 4s. But phone is simlocked. I live in turkey. I know, vodafone UK Number of this phone. Help me ? Thanks. 

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

If your brother was the original owner he can complete the NUC form to get the phone unlocked.

Take a look at the link to unlocking on the right of this page to see how to unlock the phone.

Other than the original owner completing the form the only other way is to use the phone as a PAYG on the UK network for a month then top up with £20 and apply for the unlocking. But unless you can send the phone to the UK for a month for someone to use that will not be an option for you.