Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 4s wiped and not working after advice from Vodafone tech services

Miche1968
4: Newbie

After months of signal problems, dropped calls etc. Vodafone conceded last week that there is probably a  fault with my phone.  However before sending a new one the guy i spoke to on friday in technical services said i must plug into itunes and back-up, then restore my phone.  I did this friday evening and everything was wiped from the phone, it also crashed my itunes account and now i can't access this either. Customer services advised that i need to speak to tech services again and let them remote control my computer to look into the problem, which is very difficult as i am out at work when this particular department is open.

So long & short, I now have a blank phone, no itunes access and no way of restoring it. My SIm card will not work in an unlocked phone either. Currently using a pay as you go I brought in Tesco atthe weekend, which has the best signal and call clarity I've had in years!  So i'm now paying Vodafone £36 per month for a useless phone with a year let to run on my contract, plus paying pay as you charges.

Very frustrated with Vodafone CS, last tuesday spent 20 mins on the phone while they looked into the problem again,  eventually the answer was engineering works in my area that day, when I told them i had been in a totally different area all day they got confused and cut the call.

Wish I could just cancel the contract and move to a decent provider, I've been with Vodafone for over 5 years, but can't wait to leave.

3 REPLIES 3

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miche1968,

To fix your iTunes account, please contact Apple support.

To send your phone for repair, please see our repair process here.

We can check to see if the sites in your area are ok, please follow the steps here.

Thanks,

Gemma

That's really no help. I've already been told by customer services to phone your technical dept, which is very difficult with the hours I work, and they have already told me they will exchange the phone if it is faulty. They also said tech services can log into my computer to sort out the problems maybe that is not true then? I'm glad Vodafone record calls if this is the case? I was definitely told the phone would be replaced. I now have to take an afternoon of work to sort this out, which as I am self employed is very expensive.

It annoys me that I have to waste hours of my time sorting out problems caused by Vodafone! I have been with Vodfone for over 5 years, but the customer service is now very poor, cutting calls if they don't know the answer. Intend to cancel as soon as possible.

This also doesn't solve the problem of my SIM not working, however it appears from another post on this forum that there has been no signal in the CM9 area for over a week! Which is why I'm currently paying for a tesco pay as you go SIM, which has a much stronger signal than Vodafone all over Essex.

Hi Miche1968,

Do you know anyone else with iTunes who will let you connect your phone to their computer?

This may help in restoring your phone to use.

We can certainly look into what’s happened so get in touch with us here.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

You can see the latest information for any network issues in your area, and also register for updates, here.

Thanks,

Andy