cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 5c not receiving/making calls- text ok have tried Everything !!

funkygolddog
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So my phone is misbehaving - its won't let me dial out or recieve calls - when I try and make a call its says  call fail  and when people try and call me it goes straight to voicemail -  but very weirdly when I turn off carrier ( which is vodaphone ) for a couple of seconds it then lets me make one call , and when i try and make another it says call fail again.... and we are back to square 1

Text messages are fine i can send and recieve ok

I have spent 2 hours on the phone to vodaphone already and got no where - today I did a complete factory reset and its made no difference

I have tried googling and doing everything suggested - turn on/off, re insert sim , airplane mode, do not disturb but nothing is working - i went to vodaphone store and she said it would cost about £200 to get fixed through apple and tried to sell me upgrade ! please , does anyone have any other suggestions...?  thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Can I ask if you've tried your sim card in an alternative phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card at actual issue. 

Is the issue happening at home or everywhere ?

Is this affecting all your contacts or specific ones ?

How old is the iPhone ? I.e. Over or under 12 months old ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thank you for your replies - I have tried my sim in hubbies phone and it works ok so its not a sim problem

the issue happens everywhere - it affects all contacts and the phone is nearly 24 months old - it did get dropped prior to this , usually my cover protects it against falls but it landed on a corner this time...

I don't know weather its worth forking out to get it fixed through apple or just get another phone..?

Thanks in advance 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@funkygolddog As you've mentioned your SIM is working fine, it does sound like the issue you're experiencing is due to the phone.

As you know, you can arrange a repair in store or through the manufacturer. 

Please let us know if you have any further queries and we'll be happy to help :smileyhappy:

AnnS

Hi @funkygolddog

The best thing is to go through the checklist on the link below.  This will give you an indication as to whether it's a SIM or phone issue.

Network Issues

If it should be a phone problem, your best bet would be to make an appointment with a Genius at an Apple Store.