Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 6s 64gb, unresponsive screen.

bigbazovuk
4: Newbie

iPhone 6s Plus 64 GB 
iOS 10.3.2
The touch screen has been unresponsive randomly. Sometimes, the phone behaves like I am scrolling or tapping, when I have no fingers near the device.

The iPhone itself does not freeze; the buttons are still functional. If I use the sleep/wake button to put it to sleep, sometimes the screen will be responsive after I wake it again. Other times, the screen is still unresponsive.
I have tried restarting it, restoring it through iTunes, and restoring it through the iPhone settings. Nothing has helped.I have removed the screen protector to see if that helps which it doesnt. Currently have phone plugged into laptop and it seems ok but problem always exists when operating on battery.

Getting desperate now.

TIA

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @bigbazovuk

Have you tried a reset by holding the home button and power button in together until you see the Apple.logo. 

If you have and no help then the iPhone is covered by a 12 month warranty. 

If you have an Apple Store near then pop in and see a member of the genius bar who'll look at it straight away or arrange for you to return. 

Or book.an appointment via the genius bar online page. 

Or Vodafone can send it.off if they supplied the phone to you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thanks for your reply. I have reset the phone to factory settings, wiped it completely  and the problem remains, the phone is about 3yrs old and previously faultless.

The battery holds its charge well but oddly enough the fault hasn't appeared when the phone is plugged in.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

You're welcome. 

Ok I understand then it's out of the 12 month manufacturing warranty. 

If this was my situation I'd 

Still go to the Apple store for advice as Apple is well known for its customer service values and may still help in someway. 

They may guide you towards Vodafone if it was Vodafone who supplied the iPhone and suggest invoking the 6 year law. It's a mine field to be honest. 

Here is some links. 

https://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Possibly Look at household insurance or some bank accounts provide cover as a perk of the account. Look at T&C's and any excess fees. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.