Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 7 order

leemobile23
3: Seeker

ordered my iphone 7 256gb at 8.10

on preorder day 09-09-2016 the sales guy said i was his first customer to order it

but yet i still have no email confirming this order but the deposit was taken instantly

should i be concerned ?

15 REPLIES 15

emzidan
4: Newbie
Nope only got mine a bit ago mate, think there is a delay but I've just tracked mine and it's showing my previous upgrade of the iPhone 6 Plus!!! No 7 to be seen on the tracker, why send me a tracking. Number that is 2 years old!! Seriously!

leemobile23
Update

Absolutely fuming with Vodafone just rang to see what's going on with my order only to be told it was still pending but yet payment had been taken. The person I spoke to couldn't tell me why but for some unknown reason the person who took the order had done it completely wrong but yet still managed to get payment. So now re ordered hopefully things go smoother now.

leemobile23
After another hour on the phone to customer service still no clearer on what's happening. I was put in to the contingency list when I ordered yesterday so now my order will remain as pending until someone finally inputs it in to the system. What an absolute joke. Was one of the first people to order my phone and now looks like I certainly won't get it on time. Not happy at all Vodafone

Surely the order creates the charge ???

what kind of system have they got ?

Are all the other providers just as inept ?

2 years ago I was charged 3 months or more of charges before receiving the phone. Took me tons of visits to a store to sort out.

Did I get compensated ?  no!

They should look on the system when your original order was placed and push you up the queue.........

@fadgadget wrote:

Surely the order creates the charge ???

what kind of system have they got ?

Are all the other providers just as inept ?

So, Vodafone have the same issues every year. Their internal IT is inept.

Phone orders on pre-order mornings are normally taken via something they call the contingency system which equates to orders being noted on pieces of paper to be manually entered into the provisioning systems later that day. Until an order is entered into the system, no actual order exists.

I think other providers have their own issues, but they usually seem to plan better and scale their IT appropriately for the additional load launch day creates.

@leemobile23 wrote:
After another hour on the phone to customer service still no clearer on what's happening. I was put in to the contingency list when I ordered yesterday so now my order will remain as pending until someone finally inputs it in to the system. What an absolute joke. Was one of the first people to order my phone and now looks like I certainly won't get it on time. Not happy at all Vodafone

I'm in the same boat. Both my orders were via the contingency system (aka scraps of paper), and quelle surprise - one of my orders was for totally the wrong device.

I've had the order cancelled and a new order placed (via the live system too), but I will have definitely lost any place I had in the queue.

I'm furious. :smileymad:

leemobile23
My order as now finally been sorted but to make things worse if that's possible it's now going to my old address from 3 years ago

Hi @leemobile23

This is very disappointing to hear and I apologise for your experience! Please keep us updated on the progress of this. 

Thanks,

Cara

d4c1981
4: Newbie
I spoke with customer service today and they told me you won't get an email until the device has been shipped by apple. Still waiting on mine.