Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

phone display no sim intermittant

angel999
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi i have a iphone 5 pay as you go i saved up for this phone and cant afford another one at the moment  its been fine but recently every so often comes up  no sim, and i have to turn phone off and then on again and its ok for a  bit can anyone advise what to do i dont want to looose my iphone 5 and i cannot afford a new iphone at the moment the phone is about 2 years old i think  now cant remember never had any sim problems before though  and it is updated to the latest software 

thanks 

Jan 

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, if I was you I would try a new sim, if you can get to a vodafone store they would be able to provide a new one and swap your number across for you.

Ok thanks i was wondering about doing that so i think it may be the best option , ill have to go when off  work next week thanks for that really concerned as love my iphone and it took me ages to save up to get the phone thanks for the reply  Jan 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @angel999

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Also try : 

Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@angel999 To add to @63johnw's advice it is worth also trying a hard reset of the phone in case it is a glitch with the phone's software.

Hold down the Home and the On/Off buttons until you see the Apple logo appear then release the buttons and let the phone reboot itself.

This clears most software glitches and is data safe so you will not lose anything that is on your phone.

Thank you I will try it  

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'd also recommend trying a new SIM as suggested by @63johnw.  A faulty SIM can manifest itself in strange ways.

If you still have the error pop up after getting a new SIM, it would indicate that the slot is faulty and you will need to get your phone repaired.  You can send it off via a Vodafone Store, or (if you have one near you) make an appointment to see a Genius in an Apple store. 

PWIAC