You are here:

iOS

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

unlock iPhone 6 bought from CPW with vodofone network

hi 

I bougth my iphone 6 via CPW aroudn 2 years back and now i am trying to unlock. Vodofone unlcok team saying the IMEI number i have sent is not matching what they have. I have contacted, CPW and they have sent required info to vodofone. But even after that vodofone saying number doesnt macth and customer care saying they cant unlock and CPW has to do that.

Now i am confused , any one faced same issue?

could you please help.

Regards,

Subbu

Message 1 of 16 (6,064 Views)

Re: unlock iPhone 6 bought from CPW with vodofone network

[ Edited ]

Hi

Has the iPhone ever been replaced under your insurance or via Apple ?

Have you recently been using your Vodafone sim card in the phone. If not the imei number may have dropped off Vodafone systems. 

If not then your options as I see it are....

Speak with Live Chat and ask them to refer you to the NUC department of Vodafone who deal with unlocking or they'll supply you an email address. 

Or alternatively the other option is to pick up a Vodafone payg sim card and make calls and send texts and use data for 30 days which will latch it's imei number to the new payg account and then request the  unlock.

Edit :

Cpw as far as I'm aware cannot request the unlock from Apple as Apple would typically deal exclusively with the Network the iPhone is locked to. 

image.jpeg

Message 2 of 16 (6,056 Views)

Thanks Lee for your reply.(sorry for font color)

Please fine my comments below:

Hi

Has the iPhone ever been replaced under your insurance or via Apple ?

NO

Have you recently been using your Vodafone sim card in the phone. If not the imei number may have dropped off Vodafone systems. 

YES, i am using. I am on 24 months contract 

If not then your options as I see it are....

Speak with Live Chat and ask them to refer you to the NUC department of Vodafone who deal with unlocking or they'll supply you an email address. 

My IMEI has been forwarded to NUC department twice and they came back saying the IMEI number doesnt match . I did had email conversation with them as well on this.

when is talked to Vodofone customer care , they were saying CPW has to request unlock. Is that corrcet ? bcos CPW saying they will not do this, has phone is locked to Vodfone network.

last week i talked one of the customer care guy and he said they will chase apple and try to unlock but nothing happened and i got usual email from NUC saying IMEI number doesnt match.The IMEI number i passed to vodofone is correct and CPW also confirmed the same.

i am following up with vodfone and CPW since eary last month Smiley Sad

Regards,

Subbu

Message 3 of 16 (6,036 Views)

Hi

You're welcome. 

I edited my first reply as you posted. 

Cpw in my experience do not request unlocks. It's the network the phone is locked to that deals directly with the unlock. 

Apple would see the iPhone locked to Vodafone UK and would only engage with them. 

Every post on the Vodafone Community Forum is read by staff tech support team members so hopefully they'll be able to bring you in and Help. 

image.jpeg

Message 4 of 16 (6,031 Views)

Thanks Lee.

i tried to raise complaint with vodfone today , but the link doesnt work after submiting Smiley Sad

hope someone from technical team able to help me.

Regards,
Subbu

Message 5 of 16 (6,025 Views)

Again no worries. 

There is an online form in the Vodafone Code of Practice but can I ask you to let the Vodafone Tech support team here read your thread and engage with you. 

image.jpeg

Message 6 of 16 (6,021 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master

Hi @subbu

The easiest way to get the phone unlocked is to get a free PAYG SIM, top up with a minimum amount, and make the odd chargeable activity to connect the IMEI number to the SIM.  There is no charge for unlocking and after 30 days, you will be able to complete the forum as PAYG and get the phone unlocked without any issue.

With Vodafone only being able to unlock phones which they have supplied, and the phone is supplied by a third party, this means there will be no record of the IMEI on Vodafone data base.  This means Vodafone will need to be notified of the IMEI number. This is done by taking the original receipt from Carphone into a Vodafone Store and asking them to add the IMEI to your account.  Alternatively, live chat will be able to advise how this can be done.

This is going to be complicated, much quicker the PAYG route.

There is further information for you below.

Unlocking Your Phone FAQ's

Message 7 of 16 (6,015 Views)

Thanks AnnS for your reply.

You are saying , even though i am using vodfone sim with 24 months contract they will not have my IMEI number as i have bought through CPW? thats bit weird. i did talked to CPW month back and asked them to pass the information again but still vodofone unable to unlock

i will chat with Vodofone team and see what they can do. If no help , i will try the last option pas as you go. 

Regards,

Subbu

Message 8 of 16 (6,005 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master

[ Edited ]

Hi @subbu

I am saying that as the FAQ's mention, Vodafone didn't supply the phone and won't have the IMEI on the data base as a phone provided by them and won't be able to provide the unlock until the information has been received from Carphone.

Unfortunately, when purchasing through a third party, it does cause complications when wanting to unlock a phone against the account details used at the time.

Fortunately, being able to go the PAYG route does make the process easier.

Message 9 of 16 (5,999 Views)

[ Edited ]

Using the Vodafone sim. Card in the phone will have updated the systems with the imei number as far as I understand it. 

This is how they'd block a phone if it was lost or stolen so that leads me to that they'll have this information. 

When you open up a contract via cpw they then pass all the information on to set up the account. 

image.jpeg

Message 10 of 16 (5,991 Views)

yes i am sure they have the number thats why my mobile is locked to network . And as per CPW they have passed this info when i bought the contract and also they have sent seperate email .

I just had chat with one vodfone customer care team, as per them IMEI number is not added to my account thats why unlock team saying number doesnt match. 

she has requested some one to add the number so that it can be unlocked .

I will let you know how it goes.

again, thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Subbu

Message 11 of 16 (5,982 Views)

You're very Welcome and best of luck. 

Smiley Happy

image.jpeg

Message 12 of 16 (5,978 Views)
Topics: 6
Solutions: 16

@subbu Please let us know how you get on. 

We'll be here to help if you need us. 

Message 13 of 16 (5,587 Views)

Thanks Rahim. I will come back once I get reply to my conversation with one of your colleague.

Regards
Subbu
Message 14 of 16 (5,506 Views)

hi Rahim,

As per my previous comment i am still waiting from vodofone technical team to confirm IMEI number added to my account or not. 

As per my discussion with vodofone customer care last week, ticket was raised to super user to add IMEI number to my accont as it was missing. 

I talked to customer care yesterday as well and he mentioned someone from vofone will call me today but no call till now.

Could you please check and help me in getting my phone unlocked from network.

Thanks,
Subbu

Message 15 of 16 (4,504 Views)
Highlighted
Topics: 1

@subbu Has this issue been resolved yet?

If not, please get in touch with our team via the private message I've sent to you. 

Message 16 of 16 (4,271 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up