Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlock iPhone 6s

Courtneyb
1: Seeker

Hi there,

I am from australia and travelled to enlgand to visit my family and decided to buy a new iphone there. I purchased said iphone from a second hand store (CEX) and explain my situation to them and they promised that the iphone i had purchased was comepletely unlocked from any network. As it turns out, it is not and vodafone uk doesn't seem to have an email address and i don't have a home phone so the bill will be very expensive. 

I was wondering and hoping that someone would be able to help me out. 

p.s i have tried unlocking it using youtube videos ect but nothing is working

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

The issue is you will have needed to use it on the Vodafone UK network for at least 30 days on Payg making calls etc and then after 30 days request the unlock which would have been free. 

If you did then you can request the unlock via the online form and then it can take Apple approx 20 to 30 days to complete the unlock process via their Data base. An iPhone does not unlock via an inputted code. And is one of the make of phones than can be unlocked when not actually in the UK. Vodafone confirm the request to you via email and then it's a case of inserting your alternative network sim card and it'll unlock automatically. 

If you didn't use it on Vodafone then I'd suggest to either send it to someone you know in the UK and they use it for 30 days and unlock and post it back to you after weighing up the shopping costs and of course thats if you know someone in tbe U.K,  or sell it on and buy one unlocked or open to your network. 

The issue with unlocking online solution websites is that they invariably don't work and getting refund can be hard. Also the A chip inside usually means they can't unlock anyway. 

There isn't an email address for this type of enquiry and there isn't a way to circumvent the Vodafone unlock process. 

Apple wouldn't engage with you over this either. 

Vodafone help link on unlocking > https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Network-unlock-codes/81196967/How-do-I-unlock-my-Vo...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi there,

How long were you in the UK for and I'm guessing you were using a Vodafone sim card in it at the time (otherwise you'd have spotted the problem whilst here and gone to CEX).

If so, I'd pop your details on here: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/ and take it from there.