Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlocking ipad

les1951
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have recently bought an ipad air 2 which is locked to Vodafone, I bought it from Cash Converters and have proof of purchase, I am unable to find a way to contact Vodafone to request an unlock code as none the information on thier site allows me to send my inquiry, can anyone advise me the best way to contact Vodafone with regards to unlocking my ipad.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @les1951

There is a criteria that has to be met before Vodafone U.K. will unlock the device. 

On Payg the SIM card has to be used in the device for a minimum of 30 days using data and topping up. 

On Pay Monthly Contract 3 Bills have to be paid on time. 

Once this criteria has been met then a person fills out the Online Request form Here.

Vodafone U.K. Unlocking faqs.

Help and Support on Unlocking.

Much of the information refers to unlocking phones but unlock the iPad is pretty much the same process. If you get stuck after the criteria requirement has been reached speak with Live Chat. Link in my signature link below. 

Please note a Vodafone Highstreet Store cannot help with this. 

Vodafone request the unlock from Apple once they receive a request from the customer, and required criteria is met.

Vodafone would send you an email saying they've requested the unlock process. It's not unlocked at this stage. 

An Apple Device is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.

Apple can take approximately 20-30 days to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes To complete the process. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.