Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

visual voicemail on ios9

D0nnieDarko
3: Seeker

seriously still no visual voicemail???

I had it on my first iphone (a 3GS) in 2009 when i was on O2 which was amazing.

some things are good about vodafone, notably the free choice of spotify/ netflix etc on certain tariffs, but why do i still have to phone up to hear my voicemails?

come on vodfone its embarrassing!!

14 REPLIES 14

I don't know why people stick up for vodafone with topics like this. Its becasue of this way in thinking that we as customers lose out. 

We pay the same as these other countries but get an inferior service. VV isn't the be all and end all but it should be provided. Vodafone make millions and millions of profit a year so why shouldnt they invest some back into the network to make customers happy?

Its redicolus that when I go across to Holland I have zero issues with getting at least a 3G if not a 4G signal even in the more rural parts yet I live in an area close to town and struggle whereas all other networks I get full 3G. Its time for Vodafone to start giving back or they will start to loose customers. 

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have you checked to see how much Vodafone is investing in the network on a daily basis?

The answer is million is pounds a day - hundreds of millions a year. And personally I'd rather see them invest that money in services that actually matter and not some peripheral stuff like visual voicemail.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jelockwood
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have updated the title to reflect iOS10.

While it is bad enough that you still cannot get Visual Voicemail at all on Vodafone UK this is going to soon become an even bigger issue.

Apple have announced that as part of iOS10 which is currently in beta testing and as usual due to be a free of charge update this Autumn there will be a new, free, standard feature whereby an iPhone running iOS10 will be able to transcribe a voicemail to text.

Not only will this be hugely beneficial to deaf users of phones who already use smartphones like the iPhone to do video calls which allows them to do sign-language to the person at the other end - something I have seen for real on the streets of London, but this will also be extremely useful to business users as a quick and easy and quiet means of accessing voicemails during a meeting.

Of course this is not going to work on Vodafone UK's antiquated network. This feature requires visual voicemail support which Vodafone UK are still stubbornly refusing to offer.

It's not like visual voicemail is still an esoteric iPhone only feature, visual voicemail is also possible on Blackberries, Windows Mobile and even Google added support for it on Android in Marshmallow.

Time for Vexit?

D0nnieDarko
This is unbelievable. Visual voicemail is about 8 years old and now we won't even be able to use it after the sequel arrives?? I know I can use HulloMail, but it really isn't the same and I'd rather Siri transcribed it for free than pay for someone else to do a worse job- all because Vodafone are too crap

Once my free Netflix ends (and you can't renew it) I'm outta here

D0nnieDarko
What are they investing in that others that do allow visual voicemail don't invest in exactly? Seriously how much do you think getting it to work costs? I really think it's more an issue of them beeding to stop blocking it than 'getting it to work'