Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone wificall cannot send sms

pocpot
4: Newbie
Just got my new iPhone 6s today. Needed wifi calling...the area I live in get no signal at all. So phoned voda got wifi calling all set up. Great stuff......

So im able to make a call. Problem is none of my sms messages will send. I cannot find any info on the Internet nor anyone who has had the same problem.

I've gone upstairs and leant out the window, turned off wifi calling, sms sends fine.

Anyone had the same problem / found a solution?

Cheers
95 REPLIES 95

Doesn't look like its going to change anytime soon.

So much for Vodafone building the most technologically advanced network in the UK.

Thanks

GL

@GreenLantern wrote:

Doesn't look like its going to change anytime soon.

So much for Vodafone building the most technologically advanced network in the UK.

Vodafone just do the bare minimum to keep going until they suddenly realise just how far behind they are and then roll out a basic 4G network like they are now doing, that's why their 3G service has been so atrocious for almost a decade.

Dont expect innovation from the Big Red Snail...

johnnykins
4: Newbie

For what it's worth, I tested this tonight and thought it wouldn't work. However, it does. Could be fluke, I don't know. Wifi calling was active on My iPhone 6s and I successfully sent and received SMS text messages from a friend who uses o2. I had two bars worth of signal on my iPhone.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

@johnnykins wrote:

For what it's worth, I tested this tonight and thought it wouldn't work. However, it does. Could be fluke, I don't know. Wifi calling was active on My iPhone 6s and I successfully sent and received SMS text messages from a friend who uses o2. I had two bars worth of signal on my iPhone.

Put the phone into airplane mode and then switch Wi Fi back on and see what happens.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Ah, now that didn't work.  A pop up message from the Phone asking me to switch off Airplane mode.  Oh well, never mind.  To be honest I've been with Vodafone for 20 years and I've always found some sort of signal (however poor) throughout the country to send a text message. 

jeffkinn

I agree. I've had Wi Fi calling on my phone almost since day one and I don't think  I've used it in anger once in all that time. Other than when I'm travelling on the London Underground I don't find myself without service other than in a Wiltshire village that I visit a few times a year.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png