Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone wificall cannot send sms

pocpot
4: Newbie
Just got my new iPhone 6s today. Needed wifi calling...the area I live in get no signal at all. So phoned voda got wifi calling all set up. Great stuff......

So im able to make a call. Problem is none of my sms messages will send. I cannot find any info on the Internet nor anyone who has had the same problem.

I've gone upstairs and leant out the window, turned off wifi calling, sms sends fine.

Anyone had the same problem / found a solution?

Cheers
95 REPLIES 95

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Wi Fi calling is just that - for calling. It doens't support text messages.

Can you use a data based service such as whatsapp or Viber?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

taytos
6: Helper
@jeffkinn I think you are missing something, txts work great with Wi-Fi Calling... I have sent many and I get no coverage at all inside my home. The reason it works for me... I am now with EE and they managed to implement Wi-Fi calling correctly.

Vodafone launched a service that is incomplete. Wi-Fi Calling isn't really that new anymore, they had plenty of time to prepare.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Ive been reading various sources connected to WiFi Calling and came across this one. 

From TechRadar wi-fi-calling-everything-you-need-to-know-

"It's not just calls that are supported though, you can also send and receive texts."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn
Just tested it and texts don't send.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@bandofbrothers1 wrote:

"It's not just calls that are supported though, you can also send and receive texts."

While it is technically possible it is not something that Vodafone support at this time.

BandOfBrothers

@kids wrote:

@bandofbrothers1 wrote:

While it is technically possible it is not something that Vodafone support at this time.

@Thank you @kids

Is their official Vodafone information you could link to please as I'm sure this may come up again.

Maybe one of the Vodafone Tech Team could. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

None of the stuff I have read on the Vodafone side mentions texting, whilst it may be possible I don't think it's something that's part of the system yet, it may be part of future plans?

taytos
Half baked service.

pocpot
4: Newbie
Thanks for your replies. I think I'll give them a call to see what the score is. Shame that. I cannot understand why they wouldn't support it. It's the same process and tech that supports voice.