Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone wificall cannot send sms

pocpot
4: Newbie
Just got my new iPhone 6s today. Needed wifi calling...the area I live in get no signal at all. So phoned voda got wifi calling all set up. Great stuff......

So im able to make a call. Problem is none of my sms messages will send. I cannot find any info on the Internet nor anyone who has had the same problem.

I've gone upstairs and leant out the window, turned off wifi calling, sms sends fine.

Anyone had the same problem / found a solution?

Cheers
95 REPLIES 95

pocpot
So....called. only voice calls supported over wificall. One assumed because ee who my other contract is with support both. Taytos... Half baked service lol....think you nailed it there.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Maybe an addition to wait for as the service in its infancy from Vodafone is will mature and hopefully released to other compatible handsets.

Look on the bright side before this people either had to commute to an area with signal or outlay £70 for a Sure Signal Device.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I know 5 people, plus myself that had Sure Signal's... not one of us ever paid for it... argue enough and it's free.

Also regarding the subject line, "SMS", your bright side isn't really a bright side, you still have to have a SureSignal or go to an area with signal to send/receive SMS. Shoddy implementation.

pocpot
I've spent 2 hours onto vodafone today and passed around 20 departments. The last guy claimed to be a senior technical manager. He said they never give them out over the phone and would need to go to a store but the likelihood is I would have to pay. This is after someone else was raising an order but I got cut off. He also said I had previously been misinformed. I'm finding voda a complete joke to be honest. I would be happy with the suresignal.

@pocpot Go into a store, say that they told you on the phone that you could come into store and get one for free, they will likely ask you to buy it but will negotiate with Vodafone on the phone for you to put a credit onto your account for the amount you paid in store. That's how I got mine... sold on eBay already.

@taytos wrote:

@pocpot Go into a store, say that they told you on the phone that you could come into store and get one for free, they will likely ask you to buy it but will negotiate with Vodafone on the phone for you to put a credit onto your account for the amount you paid in store. That's how I got mine... sold on eBay already.

I agree with the above, as this is what I did with mine.

However, expect a long wait in the store to get that sorted out.

to the OP, as many have said it does not work with sms. and also if you have wifi assist switched on and you're in a bad area, then the wifi call wil more than likelyl drop as well.

pocpot
So Saturday was a nightmare. Spent 1hr 30 on the phone to be promised a sure signal for free for the call to drop out when he was raising the order. Phoned back spent another 1hr 45 on the phone, each time being passed around departments because no one knew what to do or couldn't be bothered. The common response was 'I do not have authorisation for that'. The last guy I spoke to apparently a senior tech support manager advised me that the 3 hours I spent on the phone was a waste of time and that they do not provide sure signals over the phone, I would never get one for free and this is something they never have or will do. He said that all the advice and promises I had on the phone were lies and that they would be sacked. He told me to go to a vodafone store and barter the price with them.

I the made a 10 mile journey to my local store, queued for 30 minutes and spoke to a SALES ASSISTANT. He told me I could have one at the price of £100. He explained that in store they are no longer customer service advisors and they did not have any authority to discount products or credit my account with the price of the signal box. They are purely sales assistants snd cant deal with a lot. He looked at the notes on my account and stated that a free box had been agreed but without a credit showing on my account I wasn't parting with my money.

The note stated that we had discussed either a box be sent or I'll cancel my agreement. Customer requesting free suresignal. Agreed.

So whilst in store I phoned voda 191 again. Waited 1hr 45 for someone to answer. This time I was told that one hadn't been authorised for free and that the entries on my account had been misinterpreted by the instore sales assistant. An argument was had and got nowhere. Asked to be put thru to disconnections and unbelievably the call dropped!!

Time spent Saturday 7 hrs.

So on Sunday I called voda again. Well miffed with the seriously poor customer service. Got put straight through to returns. I told him that I wished to cancel. He asked why. He got a well deserved vent of frustration. I ended by saying 'so your willing to loose a customer for the price of a suresignal'. He went away and spoke to his manager. Guess what......me 1 vodafone 0. Suresignal Being sent out free of charge this week. Had the order confirmation thru too.

Persistence pays off. If it wasn't for vea discount I would not be stopping with them. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Foreign untrained call centres with generic scripts who can not deal with anything which doesn't fit in a generic box. They do not care, that being voda or the staff they employ. Instore staff are great but Cannot do anything to help you.

Lastly they stated they do not have any immediately plans to include texting via wificall. They also said that no other operator does. Funny that because my s6 on ee texts thru their wifi calling system.

Good luck to anyone else who goes through similar. Keep at em.

pocpot
I've turned wifi assist off thanks. Read a few articles about that.

M1kos
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
Oh dear @VodafoneUK have dropped a clanger here with this texting thing someone needs to be sacked

GreenLantern

Bit shoddy from Vodafone, again.

Thanks

GL