Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone wificall cannot send sms

pocpot
4: Newbie
Just got my new iPhone 6s today. Needed wifi calling...the area I live in get no signal at all. So phoned voda got wifi calling all set up. Great stuff......

So im able to make a call. Problem is none of my sms messages will send. I cannot find any info on the Internet nor anyone who has had the same problem.

I've gone upstairs and leant out the window, turned off wifi calling, sms sends fine.

Anyone had the same problem / found a solution?

Cheers
95 REPLIES 95

taytos
6: Helper
Keep moaning, even if they don't respond here, they should at least read it to see what their customer base thinks. If they don't read it, says a lot about them as a company.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Shall we call it feedback rather than moaning? Much more constructive.

All posts on this forum are read by the Vodafone team.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

taytos
It was feedback a couple of months ago, lets escalate to moaning at this stage.

jeffkinn

and that will achieve exactly what? Feedback is feedback good or bad. The point has been made and it either will or won't encourage the network to add that functionality to their wifi offering.

If you have Wi Fi then you have Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook Messages and Skype and, if you're using an iPhone, iMessage and perhaps Message + on an Android phone. I appreciate this doesn't entirely replace SMS's but it gets us a long way there.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Well yes you can do all of those things over Wi-Fi, but guess what, you can SMS over Wi-Fi Calling, when done properly. How about you stop deflecting the issue, should have it, doesn't have it, fix it.

Joke implementation of Wi-Fi Calling, alienating long time customers like me who are now very happy on anothEEr nEEtwork where Wi-Fi Calling works as expected.

jeffkinn

I'm not deflecting anything. I'm giving people who read this thread alternative solutions rather than just moaning, which achieves nothing, given that the network is unlikely to change their position anytime soon.

I've had WiFi calling almost from day one. I have hardly ever used it and cannot envisage a scenario when someone would change networks just to get it assuming that everything else is equal. But we all have different priorities.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Oh Jeff, hi, surprised you tried to get the last word on this thread again.

You are deflecting it, this thread is about SMS, you are offering options that are not SMS. For me, I live in an area where I only get Vodafone signal if I'm hanging out of an upstairs window, Sure Signal was OK for a time but incredibly unreliable. If someone was to SMS me and I finally abandoned the Sure Signal for the Wi-Fi Calling then I wouldn't get that SMS until I left the house or set an alarm to make sure that once every couple of hours I hung out of an upstairs window.

You cannot envisage a scenario where this would mean someone would switch a network? Well how about my GP that confirms appointments by SMS, I may miss the rare slot they have available as I didn't get the SMS, they don't use Whatsapp/iMessage.

It should have it, it doesn't have it, people want SMS to work as it should and do not want an alternative.

Shhhh.

jeffkinn

Of course I won't sshhh when you are incorrect.

I said everything else being equal. If you don't get a signal at home then of course they aren't equal. I have a Sure Signal and it works perfectly and if yours didn't then something else as wrong, like your broadband speed for instance.

I disagree that people don't want an alternative - the success of Whatsapp, FB messaging and Skype show that to be a wrong assumption. Giving people sound advice on what alternatives are available when SMS isn't available isn't deflecting - its good sound practical advice. The fact that it isn't what you want doesn't detract from it's general applicability.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Yeah I mean, we're just asking that Vodafone fully implement GAN features like EE UK did, we're not asking for much are we ?

Lets hold Vodafone to account for what they don't do rather than give them excuses for what they've implemented badly ?

Thanks

GL

jeffkinn

@GreenLantern wrote:

Yeah I mean, we're just asking that Vodafone fully implement GAN features like EE UK did, we're not asking for much are we ?

Lets hold Vodafone to account for what they don't do rather than give them excuses for what they've implemented badly ?

I agree and I'm not excusing the network whatsoever. But we are where we are and looking at alternative strategies is sensible and practical and a lot more use than just repeating the same complaint over and over again.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png