02-12-2011 08:03 PM
Hi. Aplogies if this asked before but searched and no record.
I have iphone 4 and my partner iphone 4s. I can facetime the 4s from my 4 and it works ok but when the 4s tries to facetime me the error message user busy appears. We are obviously connected to same wi-fi and cant understand why if it works one way we are ok, but when we try the other it doesn't!!
06-12-2011 01:45 PM
That's unusual, but there may be a simple explanation, and there are some quick things we can check.
- Are the devices both updated to iOS 5.0.1? This may correct any issues based on the operating system.
- Are you using numbers or email addresses to connect between the two numbers? If you haven't yet, can you try connecting with the 4S using its mobile number only?
- If you're trying to connect for Facetime using the 4S user's email address, do they have that set up and verified for Facetime, or just their number?
Additionally, can you also try these checks?
- Can you try switching off both handsets completely and then switching them back on? This is often missed as people think the handset is off when it is actually on stand-by. To switch it off, hold the power button until instructed, then swipe the bar indicated to switch off. Just like a PC, this can shut down components which remain open.
- Can you deactivate and reactivate Facetime on each device to reset the service?
- Do you have issues with any other services on the iPhone 4?
Let us know how you get on, and if any of the suggestions here have helped, please leave a little feedback for me!
13-12-2011 10:57 AM
Thanks for reply Dave but still a problem
Both phones are 5.0.1 and just using numbers to connect to facetime. Tried switching off both handsets and also rectivating facetime on both. No other issues on either. Just tried to confirm fault again and still same. 4 requesting facetime with 4s and worked. When 4s requested facetime with 4 message 'user is busy' still comes up on 4s screen and 4 just sits in 'connecting' limbo. Anything else we can do?
13-12-2011 07:27 PM
It could be the password on your iTunes account associated to the iPhone4. Apple have changed the password criteria now and you need to have a password of 8 digits or more using letters and numbers.
This stopped me from connecting to my daughters iPod via facetime.
If you enter a incorrect password into itunes 3 times it gives you the option to reset your password.
Follow the instructions and verify the email requests sent to you. then Facetime should work both ways.
Hope that helps
14-12-2011 05:45 PM - edited 14-12-2011 05:45 PM
Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum from myself and the team.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding, we are a small team in huge demand but now I am here I would love to take a look at this for you.
There has been some great advice from thesoupdragon, have you tried these methods?
If you have and you are still experiencing difficulties I will see if I can escalate this to our support teams.
Let me know how you get on.
14-12-2011 07:49 PM
Many thanks to thesoupdragon but we're still not there. Having said that, I feel I am a lot closer to understanding the issue tho
On the FaceTime settings page there is a section showing 'you can be reached for video calls at'. In the white box there are 2 separate lines headed 'PHONE' both showing my same telephone number. The iphone 4s that works ok only shows one entry.
Thinking this through logically, this must be why the user busy message is appearing - it must be trying to connect twice. This was confirmed by attempting a facetime call immediately after swiching the facetime setting on. Before it had chance to verify the second number a facetime call was successful for the first time.
Suppose all I need to do now is remove one of the entries but as this section is greyed out I'm not sure how to do it ..... Any ideas?
16-12-2011 03:05 AM
19-02-2012 05:41 AM - edited 19-02-2012 05:51 AM
Go to FaceTime settings and where it shows your apple I'd click there and sign out... Exit and go back to FaceTime settings and re enter your apple is and password see it it works it just did for me I had the same problem with connecting to my sons iPod