15-10-2011 07:34 PM
Just posting to see if anyone else has had problems with the new iPhone 4s.
Today I struggled to connect to the network on 3G and my battery went from 100% to 0% in 5 hours with little use!
Anyone else had problems or have I got a duff phone!!
15-10-2011 07:52 PM
Mine has been okay so far. A big drain this morning although I was syncing then updating all my old content from iTunes, then about 100 updates came through AppStore
Just tweaking all of the little things I had on my old phone now - screen brightness, swapping email over from push to pull, knocking off unimportant app location services etc.
15-10-2011 08:58 PM
15-10-2011 11:03 PM
I wasn't enamoured with my battery life today. Been home all day and when I have used it I've used 3G instead of my Wifi as this is typical of my work usage.
From 9am to 4pm it went down to 21% and I wouldn't say I was using it heavily.
I think it will get better with a full restore though. I've seen this before on the iPhone 4.
16-10-2011 09:23 AM
17-10-2011 10:16 AM
My battery life is pants so far too, i think it just needs a couple of full cycles. But barely lasts 6 hours with light use and brightness very low.
It was 98% when i went bed and i woke up and it was on 30%.
I've now turned siri and wifi off so i'll see how that helps.
17-10-2011 11:18 AM
I think iOS 5 adds a lot of battery draining notifications by default because of the new notifcation centre, make sure that any of the various webapp checks are disabled since they may be checking the internet very regularly, which may also make your internet fairly slow and intermittent too
17-10-2011 11:44 AM - edited 17-10-2011 11:48 AM
There are a few things that kill the battery.
1) Weather and Stock widgets in Notifications
2) Location Services for Reminders
3) Not sure if Ping is still an issue, but I disable it in Restrictions anyway
4) Disable spotligght search for anything you don't actually use
5) And if you think you can chat away with Siri all day, then that's not going to happen
I have written a blog post about it and the same techniques still work for 4s with iOS 5.
17-10-2011 12:42 PM
17-10-2011 02:02 PM - edited 17-10-2011 02:05 PM
For those who are still having battery issues try the following:
1) Delete your MobileMe account
2) Delete your iCloud account (save data on the phone)
3) Do a hard reset
4) Set up iCloud and MM again.
5) Go to settings - Genaral - Siri - Raise to speak - OFF
6) Go to Settings - About - Diagnostics & usage - Don't send