09-07-2010 01:08 AM
I have recently recieved my Iphone 4, i have to say im very impressed.
But there seems to be a few things missing, maybe I just dont know how to do it?? Can anyone help?
First, is there anyway to create folders to store SMS messages and also videos in? as in a jokes folder that i can put just the jokes in, or films so they are not mixed in with all my pictures and videos in the camera roll?
and can i delete a single call from the call history without deleting the whole call history?
Hope someone who knows iphones a bit better than me might know how to do these things, ive always had Nokias and got used to having this
thanks in advance.
09-07-2010 12:59 PM
No one knows ?
Hi there, no one knows because this is not possible to do on the iPhone, unfortunately... You can create folders for photos and sync photos from iPhoto on mac via iTunes (not sure about PC), however it is not possible to create albums on the iPhone itself or move photos between folders. There are third party apps that will allow you to sort and tag photos though.
Just sync albums that you want to have on your iPhone and then transfer your photos from your camera roll and sort them into those folders on your mac/pc.
09-07-2010 01:28 PM
Great to read that you're enjoying your iPhone 4
In answer to your questions:
- Sadly, there is no way currently to create message folders on iOS4 (the latest version of iPhone operating system software). This may be changed in the future of course but as it stands, only threaded SMS conversations are possible. Don't forget that you can always tap the SMS (or email, or IM) to highlight and copy the text - you can then paste this into your Notes app for safe keeping!
- With videos, do you mean MMS sent videos? If so, simply tap and hold to get the option to save into your Camera Roll. Once here, you can send it off again via Email, to MobileMe, MMS, or even transfer to your computer. To transfer to your computer, please follow the guide below.
1. Plug your iPhone into your computer.
2. Go to Start and click on My Computer. This will open up a new window with all of your hard drives on it. You should also see your iPhone listed as one of the devices. Usually, Windows will call the iPhone a camera.
3. Double click the iPhone to open it. This brings up a listing of all of the pictures and all of the videos on the iPhone. They're not named or anything, but they are in sequential order from when you took them. Images are JPEGs, and movies are MOV files. You might have to open a few by double clicking them in order to see what picture and video is what.
4. When you find the movie you want to get off the iPhone, right click it. You can select Copy if you want to leave the video on the iPhone and make a copy on your computer, or Cut to delete it from the iPhone during the move. Select one of the two options.
5. Create a new folder or choose an existing folder. In the new folder, right click a blank area and select Paste. This moves the video recorded on the iPhone onto your computer. Check the file by double clicking it to open it.
After this, you'll then be able to set up your photo's and videos into different folders.
- Lastly, you can't delete a single call history entry without deleting the whole lot, sadly.
I trust this answers your questions, but if there is anything else, please let us know - don't forget we have an iPhone 4 Help page that may help!