22-10-2011 09:58 PM
I'm using apn as Internet , with user wap, pass wap
23-10-2011 09:54 AM
23-10-2011 10:47 AM
So this restore idea, update doesn't show anything, so I need to do a full restore?
23-10-2011 02:19 PM
Tip for you though, make sure you do a full backup first.
After restore, set it up as a new phone i.e. don't restore from a backup.
Then try it and see if it works.
If it doesn't work then you might as well restore again and restore your backup. Then you'll be back to square one but you won't have lost anything.
24-10-2011 06:24 PM
24-10-2011 06:54 PM
Maybe one of the vodafone team on here could 100% confirm it is indeed enabled on my plan?
Then it's just a matter of getting the apn on the phone isn't it?
All sounds so simple!
31-10-2011 09:12 PM
I have the same problem please see my link http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iPhone-4S-and-iOS-5
could you please post or send me the settings please
31-10-2011 09:18 PM
14-12-2011 01:16 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this. Could you give the below suggestion a go please?
1) Switch Cellular Data ON and Data Roaming ON and 3G to ON also
2) GO to Cellular Data Network and ensure your Cellular Data settings are correct
fill in all possible settings.
3) Fill in your Internet Tethering with the above Cellular Data settings.
4) Once finished Click on the Network back button/tab at the top to go to previous screen.
5) Switch Cellular Data OFF
6) And switch Cellular Data ON again.
Let me know how you get on.
21-12-2011 01:30 PM
21-12-2011 01:48 PM
2) not sure how I'm supposed to know what the correct cellular data settings are. These seem to be automatically provided by vodafone.
3) the term "Internet tethering" is not displayed anywhere on the network or cellular data network pages.
My cellular data network page only shows settings for cellular data (apn=wap.vodafone.co.uk) and MMS (same apn). Can you offer improved suggestion that will address these specific issues? Thanks.
22-12-2011 09:19 PM
Thanks for coming back to me.
Could you try the following please:
Reset the network-settings?
Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network>Reset Settings
Additionally please go to:
Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
Please activate the Airplane Mode for about 10 seconds after the settings have reset. Check the APN and then turn Airplane Mode off again.
Now the personal hotspot should be available again. If not it's blocked in your provider settings and we'll need to take a look at your account.