25-07-2010 12:46 AM
I have a new contract with vodafone (online order ) iphone 4 , i have the phone now but the problem that i can't unlock it .
O2, orange even 3 can unlock it for you. what the Special thing the vodafone have and the other network don't ???
my plan is 18 month , £45
i paid £99 , and one month bill
can i cancel the contract ??
how much do i have to pay to cancel it ?
can you unlock the iphone for me after the cancellation ??
Solved! See solution
25-07-2010 09:12 AM
If you signed up and obtained your contract in store then VF will not allow you to cancel as according to them you would have had plenty of opportunity to both examine the device and read the small print in store, tho they may let you out if you get home and find 0 Voda signal indoors
Once you are out of these periods, your only cancellation option is to buy yourself out of the contract (Monthly tarrif (less VAT) * number of months remaining) -2%
25-07-2010 09:13 AM
25-07-2010 09:32 AM
I understand how vodafone's policy works and i understand the reasons for it.. although i don't want to return my iphone some people do.
Here is what O2 are doing:
We have an iPhone 4 update to share with you. Thanks again for bearing with us while we worked out the new process with Apple.
iPhone 4 Bumpers and cases
- Apple has announced its iPhone 4 Case Program and you can find out more about it here. It tells you how to get a free Bumper or case from Apple. It also tells you how to get a refund directly from Apple, even if you bought your genuine Apple iPhone 4 Bumper from O2.
- If you've already spotted the link on Apple's US site and have downloaded the app, you should go to Apple's UK site to read about Apple's offer and their UK terms and conditions here.
- If you've bought a Bumper or case from us (whether or not it's made by Apple) and want to return it to O2, our usual 14 day return policy applies.
- Apple has restated its iPhone 4 return policy on their website. You can find more information here.
- You can return your iPhone 4 to Apple, or you are welcome to return it to an O2 shop. Make sure you bring your proof of purchase and the original packaging.
- For a limited time, we are extending our change of mind policy for iPhone 4. If you have bought iPhone 4 from us since it became available on Thursday 24 June and have changed your mind, you can return it to one of our shops before we close on Friday 6 August.
- If you're not happy with your iPhone 4, you can return it for any other phone in our range straight away (as long as we have it in stock) and we'll give you a micro sim adapter if you need one. If your new phone costs less than the iPhone 4, we'll refund the difference.
- From Saturday 7 August, all iPhone 4 purchases will be subject to our usual returns policy.
Surely vodafone if you are really the best network.. you should follow suit as you can see from O2 this is a temporary measure until the 7th August. Yet this option really shows the customer matters and their loyalty to their customers.
Anyway thats my 2 pennys hehe
25-07-2010 09:32 PM
25-07-2010 10:42 PM
Also, the phone may be locked now but would it be unlockable at the end of the contract?
Macbook 13.3" OS X 10.5.8, 2.16GHz Intel C2D, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD
iPhone 4, iOS 4.0, 32GB (Black)
26-07-2010 01:44 AM
Thanks for your posts here.
I understand everyones concern with getting your phones unlocked. Once you contract has expired I fully expect you'll be able to unlock you handsets without an issue at all. I will however seek some clarification on this for you
I'm afraid as the device is locked the only SIM you will be able to use is a Vodafone UK one.
Sorry about that. Please let me know if you have any more questions and we'll be happy to help you further
01-01-2011 01:13 PM
I have taken iPhone 4 Pay Monthly contract from phones4u stores yesterday but unfortunately with some problems i want to cancel my pay monthly contact.
What can i do please suggest me the best way.
01-01-2011 01:46 PM
Phones 4U are a third party seller and they will be responsible for providing your contract.
You will have to go back to Phones 4U, they may have a 7 day return, but cancellation of the contract will be entirely up to the goodwill of the store manager and there is no obligation for them to cancel the contract. Phones 4U will have already forwarded your details onto Vodafone to supply the airtime on their behalf and, of course, to claim their commission for the new contract.
01-01-2011 01:47 PM
Hiya, I am not sure on Phones4U return policy, you would need to speak to them, if you had bought from a Vodafone store, or online, or Vodafone telesales then you can return in first 7 days, but this may be different when buying from a 3rd party and it will be down to them to resolve