Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3G not working..

CallumHilton
2: Seeker
Right basically I need info. I'm 16 years old and I have recently purchased a Vodafone Uk iPhone 4S on 33 pounds a month! Which I expect to actually get 3G on, but the only place I have been to with 3G is Hertfordshire..I live in Lincolnshire. The odd time at school also but only for about 2 minutes? I've done all the trouble shooting settings and changed an reset network cellular data settings, but it still has a little 'o' and occasionally an 'e' where 3G is supposed to be! My postcode is ln4 2hd, is there any problems in that area? Get back ASAP please! Callum
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

I am sorry to say, but a little bit of research would have done the world of good on this.

According to the coverage map at www.vodafone.co.uk/coverage

typing in your post code puts your somewhere near Nocton/Dunston, in the SE of Lincoln.

While there is very good coverage for phone calls and text, there is next to no service for data.

What happens if you go into the city centre, do you get a better 3g signal? As even Sleaford is not a good place to go.

Edit: Also, if you are 16 and the phone and contract is yours, I am not sure what you can do, as there is a pretty big tick box saying that you are over 18 and agree to the terms of use.

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

grolschuk

I am sorry to say, but a little bit of research would have done the world of good on this.

According to the coverage map at www.vodafone.co.uk/coverage

typing in your post code puts your somewhere near Nocton/Dunston, in the SE of Lincoln.

While there is very good coverage for phone calls and text, there is next to no service for data.

What happens if you go into the city centre, do you get a better 3g signal? As even Sleaford is not a good place to go.

Edit: Also, if you are 16 and the phone and contract is yours, I am not sure what you can do, as there is a pretty big tick box saying that you are over 18 and agree to the terms of use.

CallumHilton
Hey thanks for replying but no, my mum holds the contract! Nope 3G doesn't work in Lincoln or Sleaford at all just the little 'o' or 'e'. Is there any chance I can switch network or fix the 3G?

grolschuk

To switch network (cancel your contract), if ordered online, there is a cooling off period... the detail of which would be in your welcome pack - or wait until tomorrow for one of the staff to get to this post and give you details on how to get in touch. it is usually between 7 and 14 days

If you ordered in a shop then there is no cooling off as they would have asked where you lived and known the coverage.

For fixing the data connections, things should get better for all networks this year as the new 4G services are rolled out, which can travel further than 3G... if your new phone is 4G ready it may be worth waiting.

Who do you plan to move to? Do they have any better coverage where you live?

CallumHilton
Is iPhone 4S 4g ready man? If so I'll wait but how long until it is complete? I plan to go to EE and it has much better coverage! I bought it at phones4u shop too

kids
If yu purchased the phone through phones4u it would have to be them that agreed to change it for a phone on a different network, Vodafone will not exchange third party phones.

grolschuk

EE does have a lot better 3G signal where you are, although still patchy in some places.

You would need to go back to P4U and see what they can do for you.

rockabilly99
I am getting no 3G coverage now for the last 3 weeks which means I am paying for something I am not getting very annoying also actually phoned Vodafone 2 times and still not working

rockabilly99
Post Title: 'First half of post code - Cf48 Merthyr Tydfil
1). Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

2). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the forum, add it to your profile here.

3). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

4). Are there any issues in your area already reported on the Network Updates Board?

5). Does this issue happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? To check, go to the Help Centre, select your phone and then select "network".

6). What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

7) When did you first notice this issue?

😎 Is the issue permanent or intermittent (if intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs)?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi rockabilly99,

So that we can look into this, please get back to us with your full postcode.

Thanks,

Jenny