Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Tech Team
DaveCD

Re: £59 cashback offer question

Hi porkykungfu

Thank you for your post and it is great to see you.

As this is an account specific query I will need to take a closer look, I have sent an email to the address you registered with on here, once I have received your reply I will be able to investigate further.

jetgraham thank you for letting us know, any outstanding credits have been raised for Januarys' bill as for some customers the credit was not applied in time for December as the bill had already been generated, please inform us if you have not received this credit in January.

Astonished I am pleased to learn your credit is now in progress, as mentioned above this may have been because your invoice for December may have already been generated.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to post.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 21 of 38 (4,643 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
niks83

Hi,

I am really unhappy with the information provided at the time I joined the Vodafone. I have taken out my contract and encouraged 2 other family members for the deal. However I am strongly against and unhappy with way Vodafone has treated us. The information provided to me that I and my family members will all receive the corporate discount of 20% and we also receive £59 cash back by November for pre-ordering the Iphones 4S. Now, when I spoke to a customer adviser over the phone, he informs me that our corporate discount will not start until some sort of offer will end in Jan, which is again ill advised. When I received an email from Employee Advantage Program it was clearly stated in the email that each of us will receive the discount from the next invoice. He also advised me that all my family members will have to call up the customer team in order to receive the money back as a ‘good will gesture’; in fact it is the money that they entitled without having to call customer service and calling it ‘good will gesture’. Also he did not have the details as to when I will receive my £59 cash back so I am hoping that when I receive the reply for this, you will provide me with a firm date as to when I will receive all my and my family’s money back. 

Message 22 of 38 (4,639 Views)
porkykungfu

Hi Dave,

I haven't received an email from you, to my registered email address. Could you resend it please.

Thanks.

Message 23 of 38 (4,620 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi porkykungfu

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I have resent the email to the address you registered on here with, please could you check your email filters and also check your spam folder as occasionally we end up in there. :smileysad:

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi niks83

I am sorry you have received a poor experience as I can assure you Vodafone wish to wow every customer whether they have one number or a thousand.

I have sent an email to the address you registered with on here, once I have received your reply I will be able to investigate further as we are unable to discuss account specific details over a public forum.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 24 of 38 (4,610 Views)
odonnell2112

Hello

I am in a similar situation.

I have two numbers on my account (my wife and I) and upgraded both numbers to Iphone 4s on the day the preorders started (7th Oct). I was charged two amounts of £59 to cover the handsets and was informed that I would receive credit on the account in the next month to cover the handset costs.

In November this credit was not in the Bill. I called Customer Services to ask why and was told it would be applied in the December bill.  The December bill has arrived today and there is no credit/refund AGAIN. I have checked my bank account to verify that it wasn't paid directly either over the last two months.

I spoke to customer services again today and have now been told that the refund will be in January's bill. The customer services rep was unaware of the original offer.

I want this confirmed as having been told this twice already, I am somewhat unconvinced of the information given to me today.

Message 25 of 38 (4,601 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there odonnell2112,

Many thanks for your query.

There has been a communication this Monday just gone  to all Customer Services representatives stating that we are aware that there are still outstanding credits to be raised and that these should be on the January bill. In effect the advisor was absolutely correct with the advice given.

Any credits will appear on your bill as we are not giving direct refunds into customers' bank accounts.

Please accept my apologies in absence of your credits and please check your bill next month. If the credits are still outstanding at this point then please let me know and we'll chase this up.

Regards,

Lee

Message 26 of 38 (4,597 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Micktheglove

Have not received my £59 cashback offer

I was advised november it would e deducted from my bill but iv been charged full price every month?

What can i do to sort this?
Message 27 of 38 (4,588 Views)
Micktheglove

Re: Have not received my £59 cashback offer

I am also ment to receive 20% disc but am still paying £42pm?
Message 28 of 38 (4,585 Views)
jayanhshah

Iphone 4s Refund, whats going on?

I joined Vodafone as a new customer and pre ordered the Iphone 4s in White on 7th October. I was informed about the £59 cash back offer on my first bill. My first bill arrived in October and no refund, spoke to customer services and was told due to a high number of orders it will appear in November. 

November bill - nothing. CS said it will definately appear next month

December bill has arrived and nothing. 

Any one else still yet to receive their refund?

Beginnnig to think moving to Vodafone was a big mistake

Can someone at Vodafone shed somelight as to when the refund is going to happen (if at all!)

Message 30 of 38 (4,567 Views)
seansjt

Ripped off! £59 Cashback when pre-ordering

Has anyone else been ripped off by Vodafone?

When i pre-ordered the iPhone 4s the deal was to receive £59 cashback off your first bill....first bill came no cashback.  So i rang customer services and they said it will come off my second bill..... second bill came no cashback.  Rang customer services said it will come off my next bill.... you know the story now.

Customer services are useless on the phone and useless when contacting by email, they dont resolve anything.  The overseas call centres do not have clue what is going on!

I switched from O2 and now i cant wait to go back, only 9 months to go and now i have the hassle of refering to the regulator/watchdog for false advertising :smileysad:

Message 29 of 38 (4,595 Views)
jayanhshah

Re: Ripped off! £59 Cashback when pre-ordering

I have had exactly the same problem. I transferred from O2 to Vodafne and after 3 months of bills still no cashback. 

CS are useless, been sent from pillar to post 

Message 31 of 38 (4,568 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Everyone,

Please check Lee’s post above. This will be paid in your Januarys bill.

Thanks

Wayne

Message 32 of 38 (4,540 Views)
seansjt

Wayne,

This does not solve the problem. I have been told on 3 occasions I will receive it the following month to no avail. The £59 was promised when ordering to come off the November bill. Most people budget for monthly outgoing and I was caught out as I had planned for the 59 credit for November which wasn't received, therefore leaving me out of pocket.

Perhaps the £59 shouldnt have been promised if it can't be delivered and is a very underhand way of conducting your business which I'm sure the likes of watchdog would like to hear about, I feel I have been mid-sold and the victim of false advertising. My complaint certainly won't stop here
Message 33 of 38 (4,527 Views)
jayanhshah

Wayne,

Can you ensure everyone that this will happen? We have been told this for 3 months now and still nothing. 

How can a company a large as Vodafone make an offer and be unable to process on time.  I was hoping to have the credit on my December bill and use the cash for Xmas. Whilst Vodafone staff will be able to splash out using their bonuses I will have to tighten my wallet... Great Xmas in store for me! 

I am extremely disappointed with the level of service given by the CS team and lack of knowledge about the offer. The regulators and watchdogs will be interested to hear about this absolute farce and false advertising.

Message 34 of 38 (4,521 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi Guys,

I understand your frustration around this however we are restricted in what we can do other than check to see if the credit has been applied yet.

However, the credit will only be applied to those accounts that are applicable where the orders were placed before and on 10/10/11.

If you made your order within this timescale the credits will be made onto your account.

If you have not had the credit and are eligible for the credit please let me know and I can check the account for any credits being applied.

James

Message 35 of 38 (4,503 Views)
fatlad

It took me 3 phone calls to sort this, after the the final call I got a text confirming that my account would be credited with £59 and 2 days later it showed on my online account.

FWIW I would prefer to speak to someone who is UK based.

Message 36 of 38 (4,472 Views)
slatey

i called 191 a few minutes ago and spoke to the direct debits dept because i cancelled my direct debit last night then after advice decided to set up my dd again. i talked to an american sounding advisor who sorted the credit problem out in minutes,i now have my credit in my online account.the, whole thing took only 5 mins after months of arsing around.many many thanks to the american sounding guy whose name i shall never know.
Message 37 of 38 (4,465 Views)
ucllong

Hi,

At the time when I purchased my new Iphone 4S in Oct, I was confirmed I will get the £59 credit. I just checked my bills and find it has not been recieved? Can you please check??? Thanks.

Regards,

Ucllong

Message 38 of 38 (4,460 Views)