Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
tamarview
Accepted Solution

Cant register for new vodafone account to use with iPad3

Got a SIM only plan today to get my new iPad online - it all works fine but ... when I try to register online for a vodafone account, I dont receive a security code message when I give my mobile number as required.

The help says I should receive a pop up notification message on the Pad supplying a code for me to proceed with my registration but nothing has come thro despite several attempts. I haven't changed any settings since the Vodafone shop setup my Pad when I bought the SIM.

Any solutions or suggestions greatfully received - Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (5,077 Views)
tamarview

Cant register for new vodafone account (iPad on SIM only contract)

Got a SIM only plan today to get my new iPad online - vodafone shop set me up and in terms of the SIM and mobile data  it all works fine but ... when I try to register online for a vodafone account, I dont receive a security code message when I give my mobile number as required. I want to use WiFi hotspots with BT near to my office and I need to have an account to set this up (I think!)

The vodafone online  help says I should receive a pop up notification message on the Pad supplying a code for me to proceed with my registration but nothing has come thro despite several attempts. I haven't changed any settings since the Vodafone shop setup my Pad when I bought the SIM.

Any solutions or suggestions greatfully received - Thanks

Message 2 of 8 (5,075 Views)
Tech Team
James

Re: Cant register for new vodafone account to use with iPad3

Hi tamarview,

Thanks for your post here and welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

To be honest there could be two things that are stopping your from receiving the security code including the message services not being provisioned on your SIM or the incorrect message centre number on your iPad.

If you look in the settings on your iPad you should see a message settings option which you will need to make sure that the message centre number is displayed as +447785016005.

If this is correct then the next step would be to try the SIM from the iPad in a handset that accepts a Micro SIM to see if you can receive the code through the phone instead.

Please give this a go and let me know how you get on.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 8 (5,015 Views)
Orsinval

Hi - good info - can you tell me where this message centre number is held on an ipad though as I cannot find it to check it.

Message 4 of 8 (2,176 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

[ Edited ]

Hi Orsinval, 

The iPad uses iMessage instead of texts so apologies for this, there isn't anywhere for the message centre number to go. 

You would need to pop the SIM in a phone and then register for an online account so that the security code comes through. 

Thanks, 

Kay

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 8 (2,150 Views)
ludz13

Hi.

I have encountered the same issue, but do not have a mobile phone. Are there any other options for registering my account with my iPad (an Air, but still the same issue)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Message 6 of 8 (1,346 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi ludz13,

I'm afraid not.

If you'd like to visit one of our stores though, I'm sure our advisors will be happy to let you send the security number through to one of their shop phones. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben

Message 7 of 8 (1,316 Views)
ludz13

Thanks, Ben! I went into a Vodafone store this weekend, and we got it to work through one of the shop iPhones.

Message 8 of 8 (1,229 Views)