Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jt4g

Re: Iphone4 no network

Hi Lee, thanks for replying however I have looked on the fault board and cannot find any faults on my transmitter 46665, and can also confirm the problem is still occuring today. What I want to know is why does the iPhone 4 display no service but the iPhone 3GS stays connected but no 3G signal? James
Message 21 of 45 (5,183 Views)
andyhjones

It's been posted on the faults board now - were no further forward though!

I'm still without any service - it's just a glorified iPod Touch at present.
Message 22 of 45 (5,152 Views)
asif4asif

Iphone4 no network from last two hours 28th feb 2011 02.13 am

[ Edited ]

hi there ,

i ,ll come to point straight as am tired of explaining to vodafone now and then.i have iphone 4 normally it doesnt have any reception most of the time but from last two hours its constantly giving no service message .i have tried restoring it ejected its sim out nothing working even my online vodafone account is not opening .

i am damn serious abut it as i have problem with vodafone from ages .

my details are as below

m asif ajaz

rg30 1by.

Message 23 of 45 (5,115 Views)
Tech Team
James

Re: Iphone4 no network from last two hours 28th feb 2011 02.13 am

Hey Asif4Asif,

I have managed to get hold of our network guys who are aware of the issue and are working on it as a high priority, it is effecting multiple locations however I will update you as soon as I have more details.

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 24 of 45 (5,106 Views)
asif4asif

for heaven sake plz tell me wass my fault i still have no service i promise honest to GOD i wont upgrade my contract with vodafone but plz for the love of GOD , when someone tell me wass wrong with it when it comes to get bills vodafone starts drooling like some filthy dog .i am without fone from last bloody 6 ,7 hours now ,,,,.and how come your cutomer services numbers are engaged from last night ,,,your website is not working where i can access my account.

Message 25 of 45 (5,008 Views)
venefica83

Same here - No service.... Is Vodafone going to refund me on my line rental for the time they were unable to provide me with service?

Message 26 of 45 (4,939 Views)
bdw1977

If this is a known ongoing issue, is there somewhere we can find more about it or fix estimates?  I have a job interview at 10 by phone, and if I hadn't luckily had a land line I could use, my iPhone suddenly displaying No Service for no apparent reason would have potentially cost me a job.  I'm still kind of freaking out as it is.

Message 27 of 45 (4,911 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
r1chardc

Its not only I phone: I hav etried other phones and other sim cards.

Why cant Vodafone post a message on their web site?

Message 28 of 45 (4,827 Views)
ogenas

I am also having the same problem and I am at my wits end... I have two vodafone contracts (Iphone 4 and Nokia E71) and both of them are having no signal. I thought is was just a casual network blip but after reading the comments on this forum and doing other research, it is clear that vodafone are trying something with there service and this has gone wrong and is causing all these problems. It is on the news that vodafone have been implementing some new '3G service'.

I will like to point out that it is illegal to charge millions of people for a service that you are not providing. What is worse is that you don't want to tell your customers what the problem is and then have the audacity to try to sell your so called 'vodafone sure signal'. (why not try getting us to take out another contract just to solve the issue).

I have tried calling your customer service (although I cannot call from my vodafone numbers) which I suppose is going to cost me... I would appreciate if this issue can be resovled quickly or at least be told what the issue is and when it is going to be resovled... or God bless the unfortunate customer service advisor I get to speak when I do get through to your call centre.

Message 29 of 45 (4,777 Views)
Cat585

Hi.  Same problem for me.  I have 4 handsets on Vodafone in my family... 1 pay monthly iPhone4, 1 BUSINESS pay monthly BlackBerry, 2x prepay Sony E.  NONE of them are working this morning, it's definately not a handset thing... it's the Network!

I'm in the SLOUGH area, but 8 miles down the road at HEATHROW the network is fine.  This is utter madness. The Faults Forum has no informaiton on a Site outage or Network failure in this area... nor is there any indication on the website that they're even looking into it.  The customer service telephone number is permenantly engaged.  I'll be expecting a refund on all my accounts soon if this keeps up.  Please Vodafone, fix this urgently, and at least post us some answers/information.  It's the least you can do when we're all paying for the network and your wages.  Thank You.

Message 30 of 45 (4,728 Views)
AnnieeR

Would be nice to know what's going on. No signal for hours now....

Message 31 of 45 (4,717 Views)
richcbaker

Hi,

I too have the problem, woke up this morning in Reading with No Serviice and now in Oxford with No Service, other Vodafone customers not on iPhones seem ok.

Could we please have an estimate for fix.

Thanks

Richard.

Message 32 of 45 (4,692 Views)
sarahpowell

I also have had no signal since about 6am this morning - I am in Guildford area - this is ridiculous.

Message 33 of 45 (4,687 Views)
ldean21

I am now showing a service, but no strength in the signal and I can't make or receive any calls or messages!!

Message 34 of 45 (4,613 Views)
Ykelly1983

What the blooming hell Vodafone!!!!

Why has everyones network gone down - we pay you an absolute fortune and you are rubbish!!!

No service at all!!!

and no email to inform what the problem is and when it will be back up!!!

sort it out!!!

Message 35 of 45 (4,582 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi Guys

We are aware that a number of you are experiencing some difficulties with the network.

You can see more information on this here.

As soon as we have further updates, we will let you all know.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Message 36 of 45 (4,563 Views)
ogenas

Hmmm, Let me get this straight, Your 'Technical Data Centre' got broken into and enough damage was done to affect millions of your customers... (but no impact on the privacy of our data? Hmmm)...

Nothing was done to inform your customers until now, no apologies, no recommendations on what we as customers can do during this period... Or maybe that is not necessary and I'm just being fussy.

Message 37 of 45 (4,423 Views)
scruffi

I have an iphone 4, have turned it off/on I have no signal at my home, have not had for hours and normally it is very good. I am unable to use my phone and need to pick up email etc on it, the coverage checking map on your website does not work for my postcode either. My postcode is GU27 1NH, is there a problem? and when do you anticipate a return to normal services? Will i get a refund? Why is there no information?

Message 38 of 45 (4,377 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi Guys

We are aware that a number of you are experiencing some difficulties with the network.

You can see more information on this here.

As soon as we have further updates, we will let you all know.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Message 39 of 45 (4,363 Views)
venefica83

Stop getting your pants in the knot people! It won't solve any problems and you will only walk funny! Vodafone had a break in. Let's give them space and time to deal with it and we will crucify them after they fix it. Their insurance should cover refunds we'll no doubt demand for the loss of service/earnings/emotional distress/broken families/damage to items broken during the fury caused by the lack of service.

Message 40 of 45 (4,344 Views)