Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
djdannyt

Is tetherning via Personal Hotspot included or not?

I am a new Vodafone customer as of yesterday and I have the Iphone 4 on a 500MB Mobile Internet Allowance.

I have the option to turn on Personal Hotspot to allow devices to tether on my iphone 4.

I have been reading the forums and reading alsorts of conflicting stories about whether or not tethering is included and taken out of your normal data allowance, is anyone who is in the know able to comment on this so I know whether or not I can safely switch this on?

Message 1 of 6 (3,075 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
Spacer

Re: Is tetherning via Personal Hotspot included or not?

If you're a new customer, it is included. The usage that you incur under tethering comes off your 500mb :-)
If you feel I've helped you, please click on the star to the left of this post :-)
Message 2 of 6 (3,073 Views)
djdannyt

Hmm I have just come across this:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/brands/iphone/tethering-your-iphone/index.htm

:smileysad: - Confused. Anyone else using as part of their normal monthly bundle?

Message 3 of 6 (3,067 Views)
Spacer

That is out of data. If you search for this at the top, you'll see it confirmed by the mods that this is included in the new tariffs. I agree that the website could do with being updated though, as there is absolutely no mention of this.
If you feel I've helped you, please click on the star to the left of this post :-)
Message 4 of 6 (3,061 Views)
djdannyt

Ok so anything over my allowance would get charged. I guess if my plan didn't include this it would block me from activating the hotspot. When I was on O2 it wouldnt let me turn it on through my 3GS.
Message 5 of 6 (3,058 Views)
Spacer

Sorry, my iPad auto corrected it. I meant out of date! But yes, if you go over your allowance you will be billed for it!
Message 6 of 6 (3,053 Views)