Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
hossy87

Partner just got new iPhone 4 and lost it already

Hi,

Looking for some help.

Partner got her new iPhone4 on Monday and was chuffed to bits.  Downloaded some apps for her to use while running.

She came home today to say she lost it while out.  Voda insurance systems are down, but Cust Service saying they won't honour the claim as its so soon.

Any advice?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (4,072 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
jaayne

Re: Partner just got new iPhone 4 and lost it already

'won't honour the claim as its so soon'??

No way!! That does not sound right, an insurance company cannot deny a claim because it's too soon!

read all the small print on the insurance docket you signed and see if theres a minimum time-frame for your 1st claim..

To soon or not, what's the point of having an insurance policy if it's not going to cover you??

Keep us all posted this will be a very interesting story to follow.

Message 2 of 7 (4,047 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
hossy87

Hey Jaayne,

Yeah just had a call from a 'Senior Manager' to say they have rejected the claim as it is too soon. I queried the point in insurance if you aren't covered from immediate. They could provide no response. :smileysad:

All I got was, Email customer Services. Another Kop out.
Message 3 of 7 (4,016 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
SynthFG

Look at the small print pf your insurance

also ask what they mean by too soon

Is it too soon after you took out the insurance

or too soon since she lost it to claim (they might expect you to make some effort to look for it first)

If you can't find something in the small print and they still refuse to honour the claim then your looking at taking your case to the insurance regulator/ombudsman or making a claim in the small claims court

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own
Message 4 of 7 (4,002 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
jaayne

Who are Vodafones insurance underwriters??
Message 5 of 7 (3,974 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
SynthFG

Mobile insurance tends to be a con these days anyway,

but come on this is a joke

The OP may want to look at his household contents provider as these days many tend to cover mobile phones as part of the policy

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own
Message 6 of 7 (3,886 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

[ Edited ]

Hi Ian W,

I'm starting by tidying this thread to remove some incorrect information just for clarity.

I have spoken with the insurance team as there is no specific initial period listed in the Cover Me Insurance terms and Conditions.

Whilst it is quite common for an insurance company to not allow claims during an initial period to prevent fraudulent claims, there is no specific initial period with the Cover Me insurance.

It is, however, at the discrepancy of the Insurance company which handle the policies as to whether claims are accepted, early or otherwise, and therefore I can only suggest speaking with them directly to ask if there is any specific reason this was rejected other than timescale.

Dave

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 7 (3,822 Views)