Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
unique904
Accepted Solution

Proof of purchase

I'm trying to get proof of purchase and after 2 calls 1 last week and 1 today  I'm no further forward , I was advised to fill out a form last week which I received no reply to then today I was advised the same and when I explained I'd alreadyredone that I was simply told that there must be a problem as I would have received a automated reply so this time the advisor filled it in but still no automated reply . I really need to get proof of purchase as my insurance is waiting just for this before I can get a new handset .

Can someone please advise me what else I can do

Thanks

Message 1 of 10 (1,579 Views)
unique904

Re: Proof of purchase

[ Edited ]

well after almost 2 weeks of waiting I got this as a reply today

"Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Service regarding the proof of purchase.

I understand your concern and can see that you are on SIM only contract and so we will not be able to provide you the proof of purchase as you haven't purchased the same from us.

Hence, would request you to contact at the point of purchase for the same.

I trust the above information helps.

Kind regards,

Halee (surmane removed for security)
Vodafone Customer Services"

Seriouly I have yet to do something with vodafone without all this crap

Just because I've changed my tariff to sim only they assume I got my phone else where when I got it on My account with the same phone number, they would only have to look into my account to see that, so now I'm without a phone even longer . Vodafone has really gotten bad over the last couple of yrs.

It's impossible trying to work with them these days , you should see the email conversation I had ,I'd ask a question and then Get a reply answering a question I didn't even ask and my question left unanswered even after 4 email I'm no further forward, I've never been so stressed lately 

Message 2 of 10 (1,551 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there unique904,

Thanks for your time on the phone just now.

I've sent the proof of purchase as requested.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on how I've handled your query today - eForum Survey

Thanks,

LeeH

Message 3 of 10 (1,509 Views)
unique904

Hi lee thanks for your time today , I can't actually find where you'v sent it to as its not in my pm inbox or my emails can you advise me how to find it

Thanks

Message 4 of 10 (1,499 Views)
unique904

Just received email , thanks for your help with this matter it was a pleasure dealing with you

Message 5 of 10 (1,494 Views)
onepurpledragon

I have had the same problem both myself and my partner require full proof of purchase of our iPhone 4S and despite me calling 6 times on the telephone and filling in the online a support form TWICEvin the last 2 weeks (states reply in 48 hours that's a joke) no one there seems willing or able to help.

ive been loyal customer for 10 years now, have always upgraded with you, and I think I  been treated appallingly.

Sick of emailing and equally sick of speaking to offshore customer services who state they are happy to help but never solve the problem. I eveescalated my last phone call as a complaint and was assured that a manager would call me back in 48 hours. That was a week Ago!

Please can I have proof of purchase with my name, address, phone info and imei number on it? Really simple request in my opinion.p

I make no apology for not using the online form as quite frankly it does not work.

Message 6 of 10 (1,422 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi onepurpledragon,

I’m sorry to see the difficulties that both you and your wife have experienced in getting the proof of purchase for your phones and I’d like to help get this sorted.

I appreciate that you have emailed us previously, however I’ve sent you a PM advising how you can get in touch with my team directly.

Please follow the instructions on the PM and we will be able to take a look at your issue in more detail.

Many thanks,

Jenny

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 10 (1,400 Views)
LouMcC001

Hello there,

I too need my proof of purchase for an insurance claim for a lost mobile phone. I've contacted your customer services using the e-mail address provided on the website and received a reply saying that I needed to contact the point of purchase. However the staff member who replied to my message said she could see exactly where I had purchased my phone - if this is the case why can the proof of purchase not be issued from vodafone?

All I require is information on the make and model of the phone along with IMEI number - basic confirmation which the insurance company said you would be able to provide.  Information on 'My device' usually available on my online vodafone account is unavailable - presumably because I blocked my sim card when I lost my card. 

I would be most grateful if you could have a look into this - what seems like a simple and straight forward request? 

Many thanks

Louise

Message 8 of 10 (1,370 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hello LouMcC001,

Thanks for your post.

Where did you purchase the device from?

I'm afraid we can only provide a proof of purchase if we have supplied the equipment. If it was obtained from a third party then you would indeed need to return to the point of sale.

In the event we supplied the phone I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 9 of 10 (1,361 Views)
onepurpledragon

Good luck Louise I hope they don't mess you around like they did me. It took nearly a month and i still don't know if I have the right info from them.

Message 10 of 10 (1,356 Views)