Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
g_bowers

Re: Text Message - Delivery on Friday (Screenshot)

@GavinKemp fair enough but a simple: 'We don't know, we haven't been told but we will get back to you' would be nice. Something is going on as other people != Friday pre-orders are getting their confirmations.
Message 181 of 327 (3,396 Views)
50sfeline

As I previously posted, 9am Friday upgrade order for collection in store, no sign of my email yet.............

Message 182 of 327 (3,393 Views)
megskeats

I upgraded on friday morning at half 8 and still no text for me too.

Message 183 of 327 (3,378 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
amy_79

did you check the box for text updates tho ? i remember when the 3gs was launched i didnt get any dispatch or tracking emails till 3 hours after the handset arrived !! as t hey had that many to send out so i wouldnt worry to much about not getting the text 

Message 184 of 327 (3,336 Views)
megskeats

Yeah i ticked the box. Hope so.

Message 185 of 327 (3,320 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
hangar14

Upgraded at 3pm and have had no text or email. Not overly fussed about getting it before everybody else to be honest, but I am looking forward to recieving my new shiny phone!  :smileyhappy: Chill people, chill!

Message 186 of 327 (3,318 Views)
Stevo90

Well I just called CS for an update to be told that my order was on "backlog"

YAY.

Ordered Friday 7th.

Message 187 of 327 (3,314 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
nathdogg

Yes its possible our orders have been sent, and one reason or another haven't received the dispatch email/text.

Its frustrating though as i'm working tomorrow and need the confirmation so that I can arrange for someone to be at home.

Message 188 of 327 (3,288 Views)
Rank 7: Helper I
soupladel

Stevo90 wrote:

Well I just called CS for an update to be told that my order was on "backlog"

YAY.

Ordered Friday 7th.

I think all orders are tachnically on Backlog though until the stick is received, i.e you could have placed your order on Friday and called them Saturday and they would have said "your order is on back log" I am perhaps being overly optimistic but your order being on backlog doesn't mean it is not coming tomorrow.

However if it says the same thing come this evening, then your chances of getting your phone tomorrow are about the same as a snowflake in hell.

iPhone 5
iPhone 5s tbc
iPad 2 and 4
Message 189 of 327 (3,282 Views)
50sfeline

I would be slightly more relaxed about the sitaution if I wasn't already paying a grossly inflated tariff for a phone I don't have yet! All I want is to know I can go and pick it up tomorrow and that I won't be paying a lot extra for an extended period of time.

I didn't check the text box, wish I had now, so only an email update for me, if I even get one. If I hear nothing by later on today I will ring, I'll even ring the branch I have to pick it up from and try and get some information out of them if I have to!

Message 190 of 327 (3,268 Views)
LJstar

There seems to be hundreds of very lucky people using this forum with absolutely nothing else to worry about than whether they will get their little piece of technology 1st. I too am a long serving VF customer (over 7 years) and I too ordered my new iPhone 4s as an upgrade on Friday 7th at 10.00am. As far as my order is concerned I have had confirmation that my order has been received and that is all. I am not in the slightes bit concerned when y phone will turn up because quite frankly it's not a matter of life or death! I can't help but feel some people need to get a little bit of perspective and stop worrying over something so trivial, so what if ur phone doesn't arrive until Monday it won't kill u to wait an extra couple of days & no amount of stress/commenting on these forums will get ur phones to u any quicker! Just relax people, your phone will turn up at somepoint & in the meanime count yourselves lucky you have nothing else to complain about.
Message 191 of 327 (3,258 Views)
g_bowers

But for some who are only in the country until Sunday and have no other handset it is quite litteraly a matter of life or death seeing as some people use their phones for other things than facebook or twitter!
Message 192 of 327 (3,200 Views)
Stevo90

Re: Test Message - Delivery on Friday

LJstar

Don't worry, i'm on other forums moaning about everything else in my life.

Because I have nothing better to do ofcourse.

Message 193 of 327 (3,181 Views)
50sfeline

The idea behind ringing the store is to find out if they have had my handset delivered to them, not to ask for an update on my order..............

Message 194 of 327 (3,124 Views)
WayneJones29

I've got to say I'm getting more and more amused by peoples posts on this thread.  Get a life people!  Your nice new handset will be here soon.  The increased tariff your paying now covers the cost of your new technology over the life of your contract and, (as will be the case in most instances), also takes account of any outstanding value from your old contract/device because your upgrading early.

I too have pre-ordered a shiny new 4S and am looking forward to receipt.  At this point I have not received a delivery notification but whether it comes on Friday or early next week makes no difference to me.  After all, I've survived with my 3GS since Vodafone launched it, a few more days won't be catastrophic to my connectivity with the world.

Chill out, get a beer and relax, your 4S is coming and if it's as much of a technology leap as the original iPhone was then we'll all be very happy :smileyvery-happy:

Message 195 of 327 (3,098 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II
GavinKemp

@Scout - I do agree in principle.

But experience tells me that someone at VF is saying "Hold out, we should have an answer for them shortly"

I've been through this with the Blackberry Storm, Storm 2, iPhone 4 and now the 4S... So I'm kinda used to the VF way of thinking :smileysad:

Part time Vodafone customer, Full time Blackberry & Apple beta tester and iOs Dev....
Proud iPhone 4S, 5 and iPad 3 owner :smileyvery-happy: Follow Me On Twitter: MaxdMerc
Message 196 of 327 (3,053 Views)
jamb0r

I received an email this morning saying "You should already have received the exciting news that your new iPhone (order number.....) is all packed up and on its way", but I haven't received any such email (or a text message).

Also - there is a tracking number in the email I received this morning which it says I can use on the ParcelForce website, but when I search for this tracking number I am told "We are currently unable to confirm that status of your parcel. Please check the number and try again"

Has anyone else received this message? Am I to presume that my phone has not been shipped? i preordered on Friday 7th at about midday.

Message 197 of 327 (2,905 Views)
LJstar

Finally someone with some sense.
Message 198 of 327 (2,848 Views)
LJstar

@ stevo90 - what a mature person u are.
Message 199 of 327 (2,819 Views)
harjiharj

Update on my earlier post, had an email this morning saying 'by now you should have received your dispatch email' (which I hadn't!).

Anyway the tracking number in this email now shows as delivered so hopefully that means its now instore! Ordered last Friday 2pm, hope this helps someone!!
Message 200 of 327 (2,776 Views)