Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to activate Personal Hotspot on my iPhone 4

cornishboy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi There Could someone please explain why I cannot set up my personal hotspot on my iPhone 4? everytime i attempt to set it up it directs me to a support page on Vodafone website. I am on a SIM only deal which includes 500mb data. Please can someone respond ASAP?
117 REPLIES 117

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jocko237,

Thanks for posting. I can certainly have a look to see if there's a version of your 30 day tariff with tethering enabled. If not, we can look to see which 30 day iPhone SIM Only plan would suit you best. Could you email my team by also following the instructions I've popped across in a private message? You can find your PM inbox here. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben 

Thanks Ben - sent on - look forward to hearing back.

Hi, im having the same problem as everyone else. Click to turn on personal hotspot but it redirect me to the vodaphone help page. Can the tech team send me a PM to try and figure out if i can get teathering please...???

Thanks

KATT

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi katp16

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

So we can investigate this further for you please follow the Private Message I have sent to you, once we have your response either myself or one of the team will be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD
eForum Team 

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem as everyone else and getting no where, If i try and set up personal hot spot I get the whole 'To Enable Personal Hotspot on this account.....' Message.

Can someone send me details of how I can get settings checked and look into this?

I'm on a 500MB SIM only contract (which I moved to after the end of a phone and plan contract) which started earlier this year, so from what I understand Tethering should be included? I've never had use for it before, but the new car (of all things) supports it!

Cheers,

Adam

Hi hehasmoments,

Thanks for your post here.

You don’t need to worry as we can get this all sorted for you, please follow the instructions that I have sent to you via PM and one of the team will be able to get this sorted for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Hi,

I got a call from one of the team on Tuesday morning saying that it should be resolved on my account and after the change had time to roll over Personal Hotspot would be available on my phone. For most of Tuesday the Activate Personal Hotspot option was greyed out and had the spinning 'working' icon. When the option was available again I am back to square one and just get the same 'To Enable Personal Hotspot on this account.....' Message.

I have replied to the Web Relations Team email early yesterday, but have so far had no response or confirmation of receipt of email.

Can you please confirm that my mail has been received and is being looked at?

Thanks

Hi Tech Team.  I have been on the phone for 20 mins talking to 3 people today, but the issue is still unresolved.

I too get a message to go to a Vodafone help file when I click the setup a personal hotspot button.  The team on the phone tell me that all is setup for it to work, but their last resort was for me to backup and restore my iPhone.  I did this tonight, and nothing has changed.

Do I too need a special VPN setup?

I look forward to your response asap please asI am on the verge of buying a 3 dongle instead.

Thanks

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi hehasmoments,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.  I believe your situation has now been resolved however you know where we are if there's anything else we can help with. :smileyhappy:

Morning stugra,

We can certainly help with this.  We'll firstly need to check that your price plan has the facility enabled.  So that we can take a look at this I've sent you a PM.  Please follow the details included within that and we'll be in touch with you as soon as you can. 

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Many thanks,

Phil

Thanks Phil - for audit purposes, I have sent the message now.