Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
WillSmith

Want to move from BB to iPhone

Hi, 

I currently have a blackberry 9900 and am about to purchase an iPhone 4S. My contract is 24 months with Vodafone on a BB contract, would I be able to remove the BB services and add iPhone services to my contract at all?.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 7 (3,295 Views)
Rank 27: Mentor I
_365_

Re: Want to move from BB to iPhone

You can get your tariff changed to same priced one...but your existimg tariff will work fine with an iphone (once u get a micro sim - order from 191 or pick up in a voda shop...)
Message 2 of 7 (3,293 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
cazfrankie

Will all emails etc still work with it still being on a BB price plan? As I want to do the same and move over to iPhone

Message 3 of 7 (3,271 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Madboy

Just tell Vodafone to turn of the BB and they will charge you less.

Message 4 of 7 (3,266 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi cazfrankie

Thank you for your post and it is great to see you here.:smileyhappy:

You will still be able to use emails on your device although they would be set up independantly on the iPhone and they would be pulled from your email inbox rather than pushed like they are to your BlackBerry, however you can set up your iPhone to check for new emails on a regular basis.

You would not have the BlackBerry services such as BBM on the iPhone as this is unique to BlackBerry devices.

If the BlackBerry services on your account are as an additional service then this may be removed as suggested by Madboy however if the services are built into your priceplan then this would not affect the cost of your monthly agreement.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to post.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 5 of 7 (3,257 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Rufass

Dave,

I am not sure this is true and you might want to check it:

You will still be able to use emails on your device although they would be set up independantly on the iPhone and they would be pulled from your email inbox rather than pushed like they are to your BlackBerry, however you can set up your iPhone to check for new emails on a regular basis.

I understood that it was perfectly possible to use push email on an iOS device. I have several accounts set up on mine. It depends on the mail service provider.

Message 6 of 7 (3,209 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Rufass

You’re absolutely spot on, but it does depend on the provider. I use GMail for my push email on my iPhone so can confirm that this is correct.

I think Dave may have been referring to ‘normal’ POP3, IMAP or OWA accounts.

Thanks

Wayne

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 7 (3,188 Views)