Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
craigie

Why is everyone kicking off stink about the prices of iPad?

I paided £279 and £27 a month which works out at 924 pound over the 24 months which I think is good. You get a better deal than you do on finance plus your getting the 2gb internet to walk wherever you like with it :smileyhappy:
Message 1 of 5 (3,197 Views)
Marcus120479

Re: Why is everyone kicking off stink about the prices of iPad?

[ Edited ]

The price isn't the issue, as over a two year period the prices are relatively similar to Three, regardless of whether you're paying full price, or one of the chosen few that Vodafone decided to give a deal to.

The issue I have is around what you get as an allowance per month, and here is where Vodafone are incredibly expensive. Vodafone are offering 2gb per month for 24 months for £27 per month. That works out at £13.50 per GB, and over the two year period you'll be able to download 48gb.

On three, you can get a monthly allowance of 15gb per month on a 24 month contract for either £25 or £29 per month depending on whether you pay £249 or £299 for the actual ipad.

Using the more expensive figure, it works out at £1.93 per GB, and over the total contract period you could potentially download 360gb.

If you used Vodafone to download 360gb over the next two years, you'd pay a grand total of £5,328.

Message 2 of 5 (3,133 Views)
craigie

Have you ever used three before? You get what you pay for. Rubbish service, foreign customer service, useless. If you have a problem you most likely will get past round in circles. Just a warning but that's your choice mate
Message 3 of 5 (3,125 Views)
craigie

Actually paided 275 upfront not 279 :smileytongue: so £920
Message 4 of 5 (3,121 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
garethr

craigie wrote:
Have you ever used three before? You get what you pay for. Rubbish service, foreign customer service, useless. If you have a problem you most likely will get past round in circles. Just a warning but that's your choice mate

I'm no Three fan, but my recent experience of Vodafone CS has often been a dodgy foreign call centre, which frankly isn't worth bothering with.

Message 5 of 5 (3,092 Views)