Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
cbanyard1

iPhone 4s not sending texts or picking up 3G

It was working perfectly fine last night but when I woke up this morning there was no icon for 3G or anyother internet and also will not let me send any texts, imessage fine though.

I have checked the message centre number have restarted the phone but still nothing!

HELP! because this is really starting to get on my nerves and cannot contact anybody by text but it is allowing me to make calls.

Message 1 of 3 (3,848 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
MadonnaMagdy

Re: iPhone 4s not sending texts or picking up 3G

Posted from Facebook
have you tried to reset the network settings?! Just simply go to settings then general then reset and reset network settings
Message 2 of 3 (3,813 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Re: iPhone 4s not sending texts or picking up 3G

Hi cbanyard1

It would seem a little strange that you're able to send messages via iMessage as a data connection is required to use iMessage. Have you been send these messages via Wi-Fi?

Also, is this happening in just one location. I'd recommend checking the Network Troubleshooting thread and if you're still encountering difficulties please feel free to post back with your findings and we'll be happy to investigate this further for you.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 3 (3,791 Views)