Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Tech Team
James

iPhone - Grindr App stops working on 3G

Hey Guys,

Rest assured we are chasing this up for everyone and sent a request through for an update on the 16th, our teams are investigating this for us to see where the issue lies, unfortunately we don't have a ETA on this as of yet.

James
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 101 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
londoncrew

Guys

i say again why is it just this APP that wont work ,it was fixed 2 months ago and now wont again..

This is unacceptable . we pay a subscription charge and cant use the service...

i have not had problems with ant other app on vodafone...

do i detect a level of homophobia here.. !!

i find it really hard to beleive you guys dont know why it wont work

i work in IT technical support myself so no eta to fix.. no idea is frankly rubbish, something has been switched off or disabled and you are not
willing to re-enable this...

again im going to take this further to the press if Vodafone dont fix this for there bill paying , long serving loyal customers....

Regards

Gary
Message 102 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
MattyD1

Hi londoncrew

I'm sorry that we've not been able to give you any more updates.

Like James said yesterday we don't have any timescales for the fix yet.

I've asked for this to be chased up again for you later on when everyone else is in.

Please be assured that as soon as we'll have it working as soon as we possibly can.

Many Thanks

MattyD

eForum team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 103 of 147 (32,476 Views)
kpnn

For all you Grindr users fed up with the lack of attention Grindr are giving this then move to Qrushr App, its free and give you push messages, and guess what!!! It works, good luck and lets all move apps!!
Message 104 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
markeey

Just wondered if the mods contact the technical dept if you pass on the info from me of another app not signing in and going down at exactly the same time as grindr - kind of proves a fault at vodafone end. As one can tell from comments above it seems that vodafone could potentially lose customers over this but also the makers of the 2 apps will be losing money and customers and future income due to vodafone not sorting this - I would regard this as a priority. Last time in march the cause of the problem (as reported by Grindr after they intervened with vodafone) was a simple issue of vodafone having blacklisted the specific ip address. I suspect the cause this time is similar or the same and thus could be fixed in a jiffy if 1) the technician dealing with this had that information and 2) If they have actually got round to looking at the problem as they probably think it is pretty low priority. Please pass this on to them.
Message 105 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Reidar

Hello Markeey

Thank you for posting and yes we do feed through on issues affecting users, where possible we aim to receive a speedy resolution however with 3rd party apps it is not uncommon for the developer to have to make changes, thus contributing to further delay.

You also mentioned another application, however I can't see any mention of it in your post.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team
Message 106 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
markeey

Hello Markeey

Thank you for posting and yes we do feed through on issues affecting users, where possible we aim to receive a speedy resolution however with 3rd party apps it is not uncommon for the developer to have to make changes, thus contributing to further delay.

You also mentioned another application, however I can't see any mention of it in your post.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

Thanks for reply. The other app Is UK news lite - please readback at my previous posts where I did mention it. It is important that when different mods reply each time that they communicate with each other and also make sure they are familiar with all of the thread. Please pass on the problem with the other app - thanks.
Message 107 of 147 (32,476 Views)
007mantis

I spoke with Grindr today. Apparently there is a Worldwide DNS problem which is not just afffecting Vodafone users. At last check, its affecting some O2 users in the UK, as well as other Cellular providers in Italy and the Netherlands. They have got all their best people working it and hope to have a fix very soon.
Message 108 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hey Guys,

We are currently investigating this as well from our end and will be in touch with an update once we have one.

James
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 109 of 147 (32,476 Views)
wilsonliam

Hello Everyone!

New poster here, another unsatisfied customer whose grindr app won't work (amongst others) it really has only started this week with the new OS. Anything to do with that?

Won't sign me in and often the app just ends automatically.

Your swift action on this one vodafone would be appreciated!

Thank god i found this thread!
Message 110 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Moretonlad

I'm another unsatisfied customer. It's been 2 weeks now since this won't work on 3G. Wifi fine, but I cant take my wifi around with me, nor do I want to. Wrote to Grindr said get in touch with voda. I pay, it's only £1.79, but this irks me. Really pleased to see all the mods saying doing what we can, but I'd rather see it working, than yet another regurgitation of 'looking into it' syndrome. Not a big issue in itself, but to take 2 weeks and still no outcome, I find incredible for such a company!
Message 111 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Jamie5899

I am getting annoyed. Just got my iPhone 4 grinder worked perfect on my iPhone 3G on 02 and now it doesn't work on vodafone. Please fix this soon.
Message 112 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
MattyD1

Hi everyone

At the moment there's nothing new to tell you.

As soon as we've got some new we'll be back to let you know.

Thanks for your patience.

Many Thanks

MattyD

eForum team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 113 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Metcan1

Come on Vodafone!!!

This is taking far too long!!! I think everyone that reads this forum issue should do what I have done and register and post! The more people that add to this issue the higher the severity that it is logged with Vodafone!

I'm sure your like the rest of us, pretty p****d off that we can't connect to Grindr via 3G and quite frankly it's not good enough Vodafone saying you have no ETA????!!!!
Message 114 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Jamie5899

Yeah it's very stupid. Vodafone are a big company they should crack onto it as grindr are saying its vodafone problem not ours. So it's obviously to do with their network banning it.
Message 115 of 147 (32,476 Views)
MMBS

Hi

We keep getting told "they are looking into it" but nothing seems to be moving, its a complete joke. For a company the size of Vodafone, I think its disgusting we are being treated like this. Surely someone in "Vodafone" can deal with this and make alot of frustrated people happy again.

I hope someone from vodafone reads this and doesnt just reply with "its being looked into and we will update as soon as we know"

Action today please vodaphone

Thanks
Message 116 of 147 (32,476 Views)
medic914

I've just switched from O2 to Voda and have the 2 handsets side by side on 3G. O2 signs in instantly, Vodafone can't !

Over WiFi, Vodafone works, so PLEASE tell me this isn't a 3G network issue ?!

I'm now signed to a 2 year contract with an ISP that can't deliver one of my favourite services. I will be shouting Vodafone's name from the hilltops to all my colleagues - NOT.

Nearby Buddy's alternate app, DNR also fails to work over 3G

And from reading all 6 pages of this thread, I'm amazed at a company whose service targets for resolution include "we just don't know when" (if ever perhaps...)

Welcome to my first 4 days with my new mobile provider. 726 days until I get to change.
Message 117 of 147 (32,476 Views)
wez3079

It's been over a week since this app has worked for me. It did sign in once late on Tuesday I think but since then nothing. I haven't even managed to get it to work over wifi when I've had access to it.

I can't imagine what it causing the issues that it's taken over a week and still no solution. I know other networks are logging in so it is odd that VF users seem to be hit the hardest.
Message 118 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Leemays

Hello.

I'm with each and every one of u on this. I was also affected when this happened the first time. It took nearly 3 weeks to fix. Between grindr and vodafone they managed to fix an ip address issue. Grindr have said that they did a major upgrade recently, well that to me indicates something has changed! Come on guys, this is the same kind of problem. It really doesn't take this long to tap a few keys to unblock it again!!
Message 119 of 147 (32,476 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

Hi guys,

Grindr have been in contact and advised us of the cause of the issue. There is a DNS problem which is making their chat server unreachable. We are not the only provider affected.

We have a case open for this issue already, and our engineers are working on it. As soon as we have more updates, we will let you know :)

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 120 of 147 (32,476 Views)