Support:

iPhone 4s and earlier

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
bajabloke

iphone 4 micro sim question

i have just ordered a iphone 4 online as an upgrade, i assume that the phone will come with a new micro sim.

Can you tell me if it will come with an adapter for use with other iphones? i dont plan to use my new iphone 4 every day. or will i still be able to use my old sim?

thanks
Message 1 of 11 (4,091 Views)
hon84

Nope dont think u will be able to use your normal sim card once they've activited the micro sim card.
Message 2 of 11 (4,091 Views)
djtouchuk

i have just ordered a iphone 4 online as an upgrade, i assume that the phone will come with a new micro sim.

Can you tell me if it will come with an adapter for use with other iphones? i dont plan to use my new iphone 4 every day. or will i still be able to use my old sim?

thanks

http://microsim-shop.com/

You can buy adapters that allow your microsim to be used in a standard sim phone.
Message 3 of 11 (4,091 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
jamesrt2004

thanks

Hi there, walk into an o2 store and ask for a microsim adapter

they give you one. that = result basically yeah it'll be fine with the adapter :) :D
James Thomas
Message 4 of 11 (4,091 Views)
bajabloke

http://microsim-shop.com/

You can buy adapters that allow your microsim to be used in a standard sim phone.

thanks for the help!
Message 5 of 11 (4,091 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andrew_V

Hi bajabloke,

First of all, a warm welcome on behalf of your eForum team. It's great to see the Guys have give you some great help in regards to your Micro SIM query, cheers Guys

If you have any further queries, please let us know as we will do all we can to help.

Many thanks

Andrew
eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 6 of 11 (4,091 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
muazzamshahid

I wouldntcount on it, I was shocked to recieve my iphone4 last Friday having ordered it the day before, but it came with a normal full size sim which obviously did not fit :)

A quick whizz round to find a vodafone shop that actually had microsims in stock and the problem was solved
Message 7 of 11 (4,091 Views)
chaosincuk

I too have just received my new Iphone4, and totally fed up, as at no point during the 2 conversations with the contracts purchasing team on the phone - was it mentioned that I would have to get a micro Sim card myself. I have also contacted the 'Support' team directly, and all they said was that I should go into my nearest Vodaphone shop and get one....

What kind of service is this (Walt Disney character springs to mind!) I have moved from PayG to a monthly contract - great layout for the device and contract - stating that I would need a new number, etc - but not a hint as to the failure to be able to use this device.

I not only feel very let down, but positively conned into even thinking I was getting the 'full customer service'

I very rarely get any time to get into town, let alone go to a Vodaphone store - and I am also wondering how they would then link some new magically acquired Micro sim (if free!) with the new contract I have subjected myself too!

Yours most disappointed

Steve
Message 8 of 11 (4,091 Views)
chaosincuk

Bump up in the vain hope of a reply!
Message 9 of 11 (4,091 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi Chaosincuk,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues getting hold of a Micro-SIM for your iPhone 4, don't worry though as we'll be able to help you out :).

If you're unable to get to a Vodafone Store then you'll be able to order one via customer services on 08700 700 191. Alternatively, reply to the email I've just sent you and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

George
eForum Team
Message 10 of 11 (4,091 Views)
chaosincuk

George,

Thanks for the reply and e-mail, I have sent the info back to you

Steve
Message 11 of 11 (4,091 Views)