Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't make outgoing calls

cuners
2: Seeker
Hi. Earlier tonight I realised my phone won't make outgoing calls. Incoming and 4G work no problem but when I make a call it makes no noise as if it's not connecting then says call failed. Any help would be brilliant!
4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds potentially like a network issue so the first thing to do is go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide which will guide you through the process of checking for faults in your area and also trying to narrow down where the problem is. 

If these steps don't sort out the problem, please could you copy and paste the template back here and enter your results that the eForum Team can look into the issue for you.  Provide as much information as possible to assist the Team with their investigations.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi cuners and Welcome to the eForum

On the iPhone hold down the Power & Home button together until  Logo shows then release both & the iPhone will reset. You lose no data at all by doing this.

Other options are :

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Just to rule out the iPhone as a process of Elimination can you try your SIM card in another phone. If an alternative phones takes a different sized SIM card the Network Shoos have plastic SIM card adapters that Temporarily make your SIM card another size.

Also ensure their is no dust / lint in any of the ports.

Are any others in your area also on Vodafone having similar issues.

Can you please check if not already done so to see what the Vodafone Network Mast Status Checker is reporting for your area.

Also use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

cuners
Hey guys!

Tried the reset network settings and it worked! Everything seems to be working fine. Thank you for your help big style!

BandOfBrothers
That's awesome news.

Thank you for letting us know.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.