Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

Hi Mark2606,

Have you tried the suggestion by 1penelope? If so, was it successful for you? You can also try dialling ##002# from your phone. This will cancel any and all diverts that you have in place.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi all,

I can confirm that my do not disturb is switched to off and have also tried ##002# to cancel any diverts.

It is strange as the first time the phone does not ring and go to voicemail. However, as soon as the same person calls back straight away, it connects and my phone will start ringing.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark2606,

That’s unusual. Are you able to perform a factory reset of the phone (making sure to back up to iTunes/iCloud first)? Once you’ve reset the phone, before you restore the backup, can you see what happens if someone calls you? If the call comes and the phone rings, can you then restore the phone and try again?

If after the restore, calls no longer come through but go to voicemail, then it would indicate that there’s something in the backup that is affecting the phone.

In this case, I’d advise you to reset the phone again and then set it back up manually rather than from the backup.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew.

I have done a factory reset and restored from back - the problem is still happening.

I have only just seen your recent message so I will reset the phone tonight and test without doing the backup first. I will then get back to you.

Thanks

Mark

Andrew,

I've been having the same problem as described here. I have gone through all of the posts here and do everything that the tech team have suggested. I still get the problem. It doesn't happen in any particular area. I have signal when these calls don't go through and get the voicemail alert as soon as they leave a voicemail. Have you got anything more to suggest?

Hi,

same problem here since ios 7 update, calls going sraight to vm even though phone sat right next me!  same with texts (not imessage) coming through up to a day late!  its very annoying and frustrating ....

Griffin13
Also this was happening on both iOS 6 and recently when I upgraded to ios7

Hi Griffin13, 

So that we can discuss this further please drop us an email with a few account details and we'll be in touch. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi there! I have same issue with my iPhone 5 since updating to iOS7. I read all the posts here and tried everythin listed above. When I switched my Voicemail off it's just saying that I'm 'currently unavailable'. It is not happening all the time, but it is very annoying! Any solutions?

I am having exactly the same problems as everyone else. Upgraded to the iphone 5 from 4s on 9th August 2013.

Have completed all the things suggested throughout this forum & still no joy.

My software is completely up-to-date ie. iOS 7.0.3.

I would suggest Vodafone contact Apple as soon as possible if you haven't already to find out what they're doing about this problem.