Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

smartfolk

Hi,

I have the same problem. I work in Paddignton, and maybe 5% time I receive calls otherwise it goes straight to the voice message, without even actually showing any missed call. It sarted few months ago. The same problem at home. If try to call then most of the time call drops. Two weeks ago I went to the store and they repalced my sim, but problem still happening.

Can you please help?

thanks.

S

Hi smartfolk, 

Drop us an email and we'll get this investigated for you. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

guptaj78
Did try .. Try my best.. More than 30 minutes on phone.. Person on the other side of the phone not ready to understand that i m having issues with network for sometime. And forced to take contract with other network.... am not at all interested to pay termination charges... Even if its a penny!

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there, 

If you are wanting to leave before the end of your contract, you will need to pay the Early Termination Fee which is the number of months of line rental remaining, without VAT, and less a 2 % rebate. 

PWIAC

minibelle
4: Newbie
In that case Vodafone shouldn't be carrying the iPhone. Simple. You're not helping anyone with your posts & I will be continuing with discussions via tech team. If codes for 'call catcher' do not work & are not letting us know we have missed a call DESPITE having full signals etc, then there is clearly a fault. My iMessages work fine. My 2G signal doesn't update on my sim unless I force it manually. I would like the issues resolved.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The problem is that it only affects a small number of iPhones.I know plenty of people with iPhones and they work perfectly, including my son's.

But there is no doubt that the iPhone seems to create more issues of this type than other phones. Apple is notoriously bad at admitting liability for anything and their staff appear to be trained to always pass the blame on to other networks.

As for not carrying the iPhone, that would be commercial suicide as it is still the leading smartphone. Why? I have no idea but there it is!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

minibelle
Still doesn't help me or others that are missing vital calls. My son broke his arm a few weeks ago and according to the school my phone kept saying unavailable. Yet it was on, full signal
& I was using it to text etc. Call to Vodafone & my 2G signal hadn't updated for 2 days yet 3G updating fine. Now I have to remember to force update every few hours or same thing happens. Again, I'd rather continue with tech team who are dealing with the issue (we hope) - as I'm locked into 24 mths contract I have little choice but to stay with Vodafone. It's easy to sit and defend Vodafone/iPhone but it doesn't solve the issue. As it happens I am Also in contact with Apple to solve the issue - I don't CARE who's fault it is, I'd just like my iPhone to recieve calls when it's supposed to and if not? At least alert me to the fact a call has been missed.

jeffkinn
Download a visual voicemail app like hullomail or Libon Voicefeed and you can be assured of being notified of every failed call.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

minibelle
Even ones when phone says it's unavailable? Thanks!

jeffkinn
Yes.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png