Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No data on iPhone 5c

Hayleigha
2: Seeker
Hi I upgraded to an iPhone 5c yesterday and since having the phone set up I have only been able to go on the internet through wifi not 3G or 4g anyone has the same problems before??
22 REPLIES 22

Lockstock74
9: Established
Hayleigha

Welcome to the forum :Smiling:

If you have not already done so you can connect your phone to iTunes via your computer and this will automatically update your network carrier settings to make sure that you can access data.

Alternatively you can go to settings on your phone and then click General and then About and this will also detect if you have the correct network settings.

Vodafone released a new update today and I am now on Vodafone UK 15.6. This is found on the About section mentioned above.

Additionally you could do a hard reset of your iPhone by holding the home and power off buttons until the phone turns off and this can also clear any bugs.

Hopefully this helps you out, let us know how you get on.

Good luck 👍

when you get the message to update for the carrier 15.6 how did the alert appear was it just (not now and install) or just the ok button, apple says the carrier update would just be a ok, im confussed 1st time with the iPhone

Hayleigha
Hi I have done all that the only thing I have not done is connect it to iTunes on my computer as I said i had to download a new version of iTunes once I did this I said I had to download a new version of Microsoft witch was gonna cost me £89.

Lockstock74
Sorry Hayleigha I forgot one other basic check 😁

In Settings select Mobile and make sure that mobile data is set to on. Hopefully at least on of these check will get you started.

Hayleigha
I have just checked an my mobile data an enable 4g is on wen I turn my wifi off in the left hand corner 3G appears but wen I try to go onto safari it says no connection

Lockstock74
Which version of Windows are you running?

iTunes requires Windows XP service pack 2 or higher in order to run the latest version.

I would recommend that you update iTunes if you can

Lockstock74
Try turning on airplane mode and then turn it off again.

This usually works for me if I have a problem when quickly switching from wifi to mobile data and happened a lot on my 4s :Sad_face:

Hayleigha
Yep I have done the airplane mood....I'll try to download windows for free somewhere

Hayleigha
I'm running windows 7!