Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone can't unlock my phone

MDL
4: Newbie

Hi - can anyone help me?

I bought an iphone 5 on contract in September (ish) 2012.

The phone developed a fault and it was swapped by Apple in about March 2013 - i've been trying to get it network unlocked so i can sell it but am having trouble as i don't think voda can find my phone - 

Can anyone help? Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

Retired-Jamian
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @MDL 

You can get in touch via this private message, so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Jamian

will do thanks

Curlyd
1: Seeker
Can I also just add, I sent them my imei number

MDL
4: Newbie
I actually got mine sorted in the end - it was a case of getting through to the right person who knew what he was talking about.

Glad you hit lucky in the end. I am in a similar situation having been on the phone and filling in requests for 4 weeks. Finally told today by a customer complaints representative today that Vodafone cannot unlock my phone as it was bought from Carphone Warehouse - simple as that! So frustrating as I now have an almost brand new phone from Apple that I cannot use as I have left Vodafone and will never use them again - another long story!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ianco We'd like to assist you with this - please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent. 

Thanks for the PM. Unfortunately the 'click here' box doesn't work so I am unable to reply and send any further information.

Did reply to message using the reply box but apparently that is not correct!

Information sent copied below.

I received a replacement phone fron Apple following theft and an insurance claim. My vodafone contract only ran for 1 weekand then came to an end. Since then, despite numerous form filling, phone calls to customer services and even visits to your shop in Bluewater, Dartford, I have been unable to get my new iPhone unlocked from Vodafone. Each reply came back saying that the IMEI number was not recognised, despite me telling the whole story of why this was not the original phone supplied by Carphone Warehouse. I contacted your customer complaints team, who informed me that I needed to produce evidence that this was my phone and not stolen. This I had done at the Bluewater shop – an email was sent from shop salesperson. Although my case was taken up by to customer complaints representatives, I heard nothing back.   Finally my phone call today to, I believe her name was Michelle, prompted me to make an official complaint to your customer complaints dept.  She told me that as I had bought my phone from Carphone Warehouse, my phone could not be unlocked from Vodafone. When I said that was not true, even your website says a phone bought from a third party can be unlocked, she told me your website was wrong and she was right and there was nothing I could do to get the phone unlocked from Vodafone! I feel so frustrated as I have an almost new iPhone 6 that I can only use on Vodafone.