Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone can't unlock my phone

MDL
4: Newbie

Hi - can anyone help me?

I bought an iphone 5 on contract in September (ish) 2012.

The phone developed a fault and it was swapped by Apple in about March 2013 - i've been trying to get it network unlocked so i can sell it but am having trouble as i don't think voda can find my phone - 

Can anyone help? Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@TrentFlash wrote:

The imei number vodaofne have on record is not what is one my phone and no one seems to be able to update it. I have filled out the unlcok form online 3 times and i jsut get the same email back saying i have given the imei number wrong which is not the case,

Until you get the IMEI number problem sorted you are stuck.

Has the phone ever been replaced since your original contract?

Can you check that the IMEI number on the sim card tray matches the IMEI number that you have pulled up off the phone?

HI Jeffkin,

Thank you for the reply, the link you sent me says i have to go via the network provider but i shall buy another sim card today and see what happens.

CC Kids, i have an iphone 5 which does not have the imei number on the sim card holder unfortunetly.

Many Thanks

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Its to ensure they are not unlocking a stolen phone, they need to have the imei number matched to the customer, frustrating for you but if someone got a phone unlocked that turned out to be stolen then they would be slated too.

63johnw
I totally believe you and can understand how you are feeling, not sure what other options you have, some of the other members may have suggestions but as I said this has come up before and that was the advice.

Hope you get it sorted.

Can anyone from Vodafone help??????

kids

If you can get to an Apple store with your phone they can plug it into their computer and see the details of the exchange, i.e. old IMEI and the new IMEI, they will give you a printout of the exchange which you should have been given at the time.

Thanks - i have an email from Apple when the change of handset took place. It states that they have replaced the original handset under warranty detailing the serial numbers before and after the change

I can't contact Apple for them to sort without them charging me £25 for the privilege of talking to them and when i go through Vodafone it puts me through to an automated message saying they'll process my request.  I then get an email from vodafone telling me some of the details don't match

Vodafone have been pretty useless so far

kids

As you have the documentation then stick around for a member of the Tech team to pick up your post, they will be able to update the details for you.

Do members of the tech team ever come on to this forum????

kids
They are a busy team and you can expect to wait up to 48 hours for one of them to pick up your post.