Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5C restore not working & unable pick up network

StarkLannister
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have an iPhone 5C that is about 18 months old - had no problems until this weekend.

On Saturday, I noticed that the phone was searching for a mobile network, so tried various things - switching phone off and on, taking sim card out and putting it back in etc with no success. Connecting to WiFi isn't a problem.

Checked the network was ok - which it was, plus my iPad was connecting to Vodafone with no problems.

Went into the Vodafone shop in Milton Keynes this afternoon, who tried changing the sim card - which didn't work, so they advised I came home and did a full restore via iTunes. If that didn't work, then they suspected the antenna needed replacing

So I've tried this - but every time iTunes tries to restore, it gets so far, and then says it can't complete it - now leaving me with a phone that is useless!

Any suggestions on what to do to get things up and running again - other than the obvious one of going back to the shop?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

These may help from . 

Recovery.

DFU Mode.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To add :  provide a 12 month warranty only. 

So so if it is hardware related you could look at these possible avenues. 

• Talk to  about an out of Warranty replacement at a cost. 
  • Look at any Home Contents Insurance. T&C & Fee's apply. 
  • Check any Bank Account as some provide assistance. T&C and fee's would possibly apply. 
  • Sell the iPhone as a Non Working model and use the funds to go towards a new phone. 

 Out of Warranty Information Warranty Support

Current Phone  >

Ok thanks - just tried that, but no success.

All I get after the Apple Logo is a screen suggesting it should be connected to iTunes - which is pretty much where I've been at since I tried to restore via iTunes.  Have tried restoring via iTunes 3 times this evening.

jeffkinn

You need to take the phone to an Apple store and let a Genius take a look at it. That's the best option you have at this point.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Have you looked at the Recovery and DFU Link ?

If they are not working then if you have a local  store close then book a Genius Bar Appointment via Genius Bar link .

Even though it is out of Warranty they may try to help you.

 are very well known for their Customer Service. 

Current Phone  >

Trying the recovery link now - and then the DFU one if that's not successful - otherwise I agree, it looks like a trip to the Apple Store.

Have been before - was very impressed with their customer service.

Thanks for the suggestions bandofbrothers1 :Smiling:

You're very welcome. 

 do certainly know all about customer service and customer support. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Current Phone  >