Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5c battery drainage and hot to touch

lucylucy
2: Seeker
I recently updated to iOS 8.1.3 and now my phone is hot to touch at the back and the battery drainage is ridiculous. It's losing 2-3% a minute when in not using it and there are no apps running (everything closed down) and its losing 5-8% when I'm using one app eg safari to post this message. This was not happening before and I could use it for hours with loads of apps open in the background and still have charge at the end of the day. I've lost 11% of battery writing this post. I imagine that the heat issue is related to the battery loss. What can I do? My contract began last June.
4 REPLIES 4

lucylucy
Also, I have done a restart, reset, complete reset and set up from a backup and as a new phone. I have had this phone on for an hour after a full charge. I have sent two text messages and written this and I'm down to 53% this phone is practically unusable unless I carry a power source with me to charge it up every hour or so!

Ramsay
7: Helper
7: Helper

Looks like you will still be under warranty.  If you have an Apple Store nearby then take it in for them to look at.  My only experience of this was with an IPad, and I solved it by letting the battery totally run down until it shut down and then fully recharged and it was fine after that.  Maybe you have done this or it is not relevant to your phoine but thought I would share anyway.

lucylucy
Thanks Ramsay. Yes I did do that but it didn't fix it. I can't use to make phone calls either unless it's fully charged because even when it's plugged in charging it still drains the battery :Sad_face: my nearest store is a bit of a trek but I guess that might be my only option. I have a vodafone store nearer me. Might they do something?

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Vodafone will send the phone for repair but inevitably there will be a charge.

You best bet is an Apple store where you may be lucky and get it swapped out for free. Even if you have to pay for a new battery (which will be a complete replacement phone) it will be less than Vodafone will most likely charge you.