Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5s Not Working

losbert
1: Seeker

I have only had my 5s a few months and it is now not working.

I took it to a local Apple Store and they have told me it has apparently got water inside it and there is nothing I can do other than pay an extortionate and unjustifiable amount to replace it.

Although I dispute this as the only time it can have got wet is when out running as I carry my phone and I dont see how water can get in it when most of it is covered I just dont know what to do but am not prepared to pay over £200 to replace it under any circumstances as this is basically theft and I can't justify that kind of expense but I need the phone for a number of different reasons.

I would be grateful if any one can suggest my options as I am currently paying for a contract I can't use.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

If Apple say the phone is water damaged they will not budge from that stance. You could take it into a Vodafone store and ask them to send the phone to their repair centre for an estimate and for their opinion on the fault. Just make sure you ask for an estimate only and do not give a repair authority until you hear back from them.

You say " the only time it can have got wet is when out running as I carry my phone and I dont see how water can get in it when most of it is covered", even moisture from perspiration is enough to trigger the water damage sensors in the earphone plug and the power connector. Neither the warranty from Apple or Vodafone cover damage from water.

I wish you luck but think that you have a battle on your hands to get Apple to accept that it is not water damage as the sensors change colour. £200 for an replacement is a good price for a replacement unit